|Birthname||Edgard Victor Achille Charles Varèse|
|born on||22 December 1883 at 16:00 (= 4:00 PM )|
|Place||Paris, France, 48n52, 2e20|
|Timezone||LMT m2e20 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||00°31' 15°00 Asc. 00°35'|
French-American composer who, as one of the masters of contemporary music, was a genius and innovator who devoted his life to an experimental search for a new universe of sound. In addition, he was a conductor who founded and conditioned various orchestras from 1919. When it came to composing, though, he gradually developed a sound progression that was in sync with modern techniques and technology. However, he faced a difficult struggle against tradition until he was finally recognized by 1962. His success is unparalleled, as he was the son of an engineer who was opposed to his musical career. His father's objections didn't stop him, and he began lessons in 1900. Before any success befell Varese, though, he was conscripted into the French army in 1915, but immediately discharged due to ill-health.
On 15 December 1915 he moved to New York, the same place in which his second marriage took place.
Varese died on 8 November 1965, New York, NY.
- associate relationship with Barrère, Georges (born 31 October 1876)
- associate relationship with Deutekom, Cristina (born 28 August 1931). Notes: asked her to sing the human voice in "Poème électronique".
Birth certificate in Didier Geslain archive, 'musique' pdf file, p. 64.
LMR quotes F. Ouellete "Edar Varese," 1968, p.3, confirmed by Francoise Gauquelin from B.C. (Gauquelin Vol 4/2312 misprint the data as AM.)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (France to U.S.)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 81)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger (Master of contemporary)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Conductor (Founded Various Orchestra's)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (French Army)
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection