Van Gogh, Theo (1857)
|Birthname||Theodorus Van Gogh|
|born on||1 May 1857 at 03:30 (= 03:30 AM )|
|Place||Zundert, Netherlands, 51n28, 4e40|
|Timezone||LMT m4e40 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||10°40' 12°07 Asc. 03°36'|
Dutch art dealer who, as the younger brother of Vincent Van Gogh, supported him for most of his life as they had a close relationship, were dependent upon each other and held very strong ties. Theodorus was always there when his schizophrenic brother needed him and, in 1886, Vincent moved to Paris with Theodorus for two years. The following year, Theodorus began to exhibit and sell Impressionists. However, Vincent upset his social life and was quarrelsome and messy; eventually he moved out. Theodorus had just gotten engaged, on 12/23/1888, when he was called to Arles as his brother was in crisis. Vincent had cut off his ear and was beginning to enter a state of dementia. Theodorus still married and had a son, but when Vincent shot himself, on 7/27/1890, his health began to fail. His brother's death caused him to become erratic, argumentative, quit his work and sink into apathy. His wife ultimately took him to Holland, where he died in a Utrecht mental instititutionof the final effects of syphilis less than six months after his brother.
- sibling relationship with Van Gogh, Vincent (born 30 March 1853)
- has other family relationship with Bonger, Willem Adriaan (born 16 September 1876)
- has other family relationship with Van Gogh, Theo (1957) (born 23 July 1957). Notes: Great-grandfather/great-grandson
- (has as) other hierarchical relationship with Gachet, Paul (born 30 July 1828). Notes: van Gogh was Gachet's patient
- Death of Sibling 29 July 1890 at 01:30 AM in Auvers sur Oise (Brother Vincent shot himself two days earlier)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Death by Disease 25 January 1891 in Utrecht (Age 33 from effects of syphilis)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
B.C. in hand from Steinbrecher
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Brother committed suicide)
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Close with Vincent, noted artist)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Netherlands to France)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Art Dealer)
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection