|born on||10 October 1953 at 08:30 (= 08:30 AM )|
|Place||Glasgow, Scotland, 55n53, 4w15|
|Timezone||GMT h0w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||16°45' 12°20 Asc. 04°18'|
Scottish musician, a singer, guitarist and keyboard player who founded "Visage" along with drummer Rusty Egan and vocalist Steve Strange. Ure is credited with making the new wave band "Ultravox" a mainstream success.
Ure’s professional career began with "Salvation," a Glasgow-based group that later became known as "Slik" in 1974. A change of focus prompted him to leave to join the "Rich Kids," but after only one album, "Ghosts of Princes in Towers," 1978, the group disbanded. A brief stint with the "Misfits" led him to "Visage," but he later left his own group to join "Ultravox."
In 1982, he released a solo single, "No Regrets," which made it into the top ten in the United Kingdom. He and Bob Geldof formed Band Aid, a project aimed at funding famine relief in Ethiopia in 1984. In 1985, he began pursuing a full-time solo career and released "The Gift," which launched a number one single titled "If I Was." After one final album attempt, "Ultravox" broke up, and Ure’s second solo album, "Answers to Nothing," was not well received. His musical efforts over the next few years failed to achieve much success. In 1996, he attempted a comeback with the release of "Breathe," but both American and British listeners ignored it. Since that time he has spent his time producing and composing soundtracks for films.
- Social : Joined group 1974 (Musical group "Slik")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1978 (Album released with "Rich Kids")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1982 (Released solo single)
- Social : Joined group 1984 (Formed Band Aid, funding for Ethiopia)
- Work : New Job 1985 (Concentrated on solo career)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1996 (Attempted musical comeback)
Paul Wright collection, B.C.
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (Musical group)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger (Composing soundtracks)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Multiple)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Guitar, keyboard)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (Producing music soundtracks)