|born on||26 July 1947 at 13:50 (= 1:50 PM )|
|Place||Bristol, England, 51n27, 2w35|
|Timezone||GDWT h2e (is double war time)|
|Astrology data||02°39' 20°26 Asc. 19°54'|
British healer and psychic surgeon. A devotee of Sai Baba, he is visited by about 50 people a day, aided by a team of spirit helpers. Consultations last about ten minutes and many experience miraculous cures, spiritual upliftment, love vibrations and paranormal manifestations of light rays.
Through his childhood, Turoff was often mysteriously ill with serious ailments, suggested to be a sort of psychic inoculation; his immune system remained weak. Dyslexic and something of a loner, he experienced "whispering shadows" and "a lion pacing and panting around him," and other phenomena, accompanied by a longing to "go back to God - my other mum." He withdrew from Jewish Sunday School after an incident when a rabbi slapped him.
He entered the Spiritualist Church in 1972 where he was encouraged to develop his psychic and healing powers. He went into the family trade of woodwork and began his healing ministry in the evenings. He turned out to be a good showman and hustler at traveling fairs. Turoff married at 19, divorced and married a former patient in 1982.
On 7/01/1985, early evening, he removed an ovarian cyst successfully with a kitchen knife, a surgery performed on a kitchen table while Turoff was in deep trance. He had turned his body over to a Dr. Kahn (who had died in 1912) and did the surgery without anesthetic, though the room was said to smell of ether. He was said to have no recollection of the incident. He continued to do psychic surgeries, but with a lighter trance after 1992 in order to be more involved.
"Psychic surgery is spiritual science in action," says Turoff, "aided by vitamin G (God)."
- Social : Joined group 1972 (Spiritualist Church)
- Relationship : Marriage 1982 (Second marriage)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1992 (Continued psychic trance surgery)
Catriona Mundle quotes Grant Soloman, "Stephen Turoff, Psychic Surgeon," Thorsons, 1997, given in Data Plus UK No.2, April/1998
- Traits : Body : Constitution sensitive (In his youth)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Dyslexia
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work (Traveling fairs)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Mystical experience
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Psychic (Psychic and healer)
- Vocation : Healing Fields : Religious healer (Sai Baba psychic healer)
- Vocation : Medical : Surgeon