|Birthname||John Joseph Travolta|
|born on||18 February 1954 at 14:53 (= 2:53 PM )|
|Place||Englewood, New Jersey, 40n54, 73w58|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||29°38' 11°11 Asc. 29°07'|
American actor on stage, film and TV who gained popularity as Vinnie Barbarino on the TV series "Welcome Back Kotter." He became a superstar through roles in such films as "Saturday Night Fever" and "Grease," 1978. A one-man acting industry, he has effortlessly played such diverse roles as a lusty angel, simple genius, star struck thug, FBI agent, presidential candidate and egocentric lawyer. With every role, his appeal comes through. His high energy is electrical, grabbing the audience by the lapels and hanging on.
The youngest of six kids born to Salvatore, a tire shop owner and Helen, a drama coach, John learned from his folks to appreciate the little niceties, such as a ritual daily cup of tea or the evening cocktail. He remembers his childhood as being indulged, as his parents had "learned patience and tolerance by the time I was born." Travolta began dancing when he was just a kid and had his acting debut at 12 with a small speaking part in a local production. A high school dropout at 16, Travolta began doing commercials and off-Broadway. In the evenings his folks would watch him lip-synch, tap-dance and make up plays. His dad (who died in 1995), would say, "Oh, Helen, jeez he's great!" His mom supported his decision to drop out of school to pursue acting, with the promise that he would later work for his high school equivalency degree. When he left school, he started with a national touring company, which led to other noted stage appearances and his big break in 1975 with "Kotter."
When he had just turned 22, he met Diana Hyland, born 25 January 1936. They fell in love and had a May-December romance that ended with her death of cancer in March 1977. The following year, in December, his mother died.
He married actress Kelly Preston on 9/05/1991; their son Jett was born the following April. Preston and Travolta met in 1988 while they were both filming the box-office flop, "The Experts." Two years later, on 1/01/1991, Travolta proposed to Preston with a six-carat engagement ring at the stroke of midnight in Gstaad, Switzerland. Preston, a fellow Scientologist, says that her husband is "the most sensitive, considerate, romantic man I've ever known." A dedicated family man, he manages to spend hours every day with his son whom he says "owns my heart." Simon West, the director of "The General's Daughter," said that he was so easy and friendly that "I had to build an extra 10 to 15 minutes into the shooting schedule so John could say hello to everyone in the crew."
Travolta credits Scientology with his rebound in the '90s. He took his first course in 1975 and was enamored, finding great insight and change in himself with the discipline. His role as Vinnie in "Kotter" came just one month after starting Scientology.
After poor reviews for his film "Moment by Moment," 1979, his film career limped through the '80s with films such as "Two of a Kind," 1983 and "Perfect," 1985. Travolta's comeback started in 1989 with the "Look Who's Talking" movies and continued into the '90s with such films as "Pulp Fiction," "Phenomenon," "Get Shorty" and "Michael." In 1994 when he got the gangster role in "Pulp Fiction," he was paid $100,000; four years later he cleared $20 million for "Primary Colors." His output of ten films in the last three years of the '90s is even more impressive when the breadth of the roles is considered.
A stylish dresser who owns homes in California, Maine and Hawaii, Travolta savors the finer things that come with success. His daily lunches are three-course affairs and he has an on-going love affair with his private jet, one of four planes. He describes himself as "transfixed by planes" for as long as he can remember. Travolta is able to afford the luxuries of life through careful spending. He is never one to spend money foolishly and always looks at the worst-case scenario before making a purchase. He owns his own Boeing 707 along with eight jet licenses and logs some 300 flight hours a year.
Sadly his 16-year-old son died of a seizure sometime between January 1, 2009 and January 2nd. His body was discovered at about 10 AM on the 2nd and the cause of death was listed as a fatal seizure.
Travolta and his wife welcomed a baby boy on the evening of November 23, 2010 in Florida.
- associate relationship with Cage, Nicolas (born 7 January 1964). Notes: co-stars in "Face/Off"
- associate relationship with Newton-John, Olivia (born 26 September 1948). Notes: co-stars
- associate relationship with Nivola, Alessandro (born 28 June 1972). Notes: co-stars in "Face/Off"
- associate relationship with Thurman, Uma (born 29 April 1970). Notes: co-stars in "Pulp Fiction"
- associate relationship with Williams, Robin (born 21 July 1951). Notes: co-stars in "Old Dogs"
- friend relationship with Cruise, Tom (born 3 July 1962)
- parent->child relationship with Travolta, Ella Bleu (born 3 April 2000)
- parent->child relationship with Travolta, Jett (born 13 April 1992)
- Work : New Career 1975 (Welcome Back Kotter)
- Misc. : Great Insight 1975 (Discovered Scientology)
- Relationship : Meet a significant person 1988 (Future wife, Kelly Preston)
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship 1 January 1991 at 12:00 midnight in Gstaad, Switzerland (Proposed to Kelly Preston)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Health : Change in Appearance November 1999 (Binge eating, putting on weight)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 23 November 2010 (Birth of son Benjamin)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Eugene Moore quotes B.C. in MH, 1/1979. Same in Contemporary American Horoscopes, Gauquelin Book of Charts
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous
- Traits : Personality : Charismatic
- Traits : Personality : Gracious/ sociable (Friendly and well-liked)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Eating Disorder (Binge eating)
- Family : Childhood : Family large (Six)
- Family : Childhood : Family extraordinarily supportive
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (youngest of six children)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Age difference more than 15 yrs (Diana Hyland)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Kelly Preston)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three children)
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event (son Jett died of a seizure)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Lifestyle : Financial : Other Financial (Spends money wisely)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Hobbies, games (Loves good food)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Travel (Flying)
- Lifestyle : Home : Home centered
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Assault/ Battery (alleged sexual assaults of male masseurs)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Cult follower (Scientology)
- Vocation : Beauty : Sex-symbol
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Advertising (Started with TV commercials)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer (Debut at 12)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Legitimate theater)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (Welcome Back Kotter)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Voice-Over
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Dancer/ Teacher (Secondary)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (Secondary)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director (Secondary)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer
- Vocation : Travel : Pilot/ private (Loves flying)
- Notable : Awards : Other Awards (Golden Globe Award)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book