|born on||22 March 1920 at 15:00 (= 3:00 PM )|
|Place||Los Angeles CA, USA, 34n04, 118w15|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||02°02' 04°46 Asc. 23°57'|
American Oscar-winning Hollywood fashion designer. He shot to fame with top clients at MGM, creating clothes that gave the illusion of perfection to the form of the gorgeous women whom he dressed. He won the Oscar in 1949 for "Adventures of Don Juan" and two Emmy's in 1980 and 1985 for TV specials.
Travilla left the movies on a hiatus to design for posh stores such as Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue. He was lured back to screen design for a TV movie on the life of Jackie Kennedy in 1981. By 1984 he was designing costumes for "Dallas" and "Knots Landing."
Travilla died of lung cancer 11/02/1990, Los Angeles, CA.
Victoria Shaw quotes him. Frank C. Clifford quotes B.C. for same, son of Jack Travilla and Bessie Louise Snyder
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Production jobs
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Terminal lung cancer)
- Notable : Awards : Oscar (1949)
- Vocation : Beauty : Designer/ Fashion (Courturier)
- Notable : Awards : Emmy (1980 and 1985)
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession