Toscan du Plantier, Sophie
|Birthname||Sophie Andre Jacqueline Bouniol|
|born on||28 July 1957 at 15:15 (= 3:15 PM )|
|Place||Paris, France, 48n52, 2e20|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||05°13' 25°08 Asc. 22°12'|
French TV producer. Sophie had married on 6/21/1980 and divorced on 4/13/1983; one son born in 1981. She made a second marriage to TV producer Daniel Toscan du Plantier (his third marriage), on 6/18/1991.
On 12/20/1996 Sophie went to her isolated holiday home in Ireland, located between Schull and Goleen, to spend Christmas. She had booked an open-ended ticket but appears to have changed her mind and decided to return to Paris on December 24th. She was last known to be alive at 11.30 PM on 12/22 when she phoned her husband in France. Her body was found 11 hours later and it was another 24 hours before a post mortem was conducted. As a result of this delay, it was not possible to establish the time of death. The investigation has been hindered by limited medical and forensic evidence.
An inquest heard medical evidence that she had been severely beaten and had received massive internal injuries. The body of the dead woman was found, badly battered, on a footpath near the gate of her holiday home at Toormore on the Mizen peninsula on 12/23 at 10:30 AM. She had died from a fractured skull following a blow to the head, probably on the prior day. The motive has never been established and her death still remains a mystery.
An English-born journalist living in West Cork was arrested and questioned in 1997 and 1998. On both occasions he was released without charge. No charges were ever brought against her husband, Daniel Toscan du Plantier.
- spouse relationship with Toscan du Plantier, Daniel (born 7 April 1941)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1981 (Son born)
- Relationship : Marriage 18 June 1991 (Second marriage, Daniel Toscan du Plantier)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Death, Mysterious 23 December 1996 at 10:30 AM (Dead body found beaten to death)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Petitallot quotes B.C., Cadran No. 38, February 1997; place of birth was not named in the original source but Paris is deduced from the coordinates given.
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Husband Daniel Toscan du Plantier)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One son)
- Lifestyle : Home : Neighborhood (Spent holiday on island in Ireland)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Homicide victim (Beaten to death)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (TV)