|Birthname||Mark Howard Thompson|
|born on||19 August 1952 at 17:25 (= 5:25 PM )|
|Place||Monterey, California, 36n36, 121w54|
|Timezone||PDT h7w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||26°55' 20°11 Asc. 13°19'|
American writer, editor and activist, his work centers around gay issues, particularly spirituality. He is the author of "Gay Spirit," "Leatherfolk," "Gay Soul" and others. From 1975 to 1994, he worked at the "Advocate" as a writer, photographer, and ultimately senior editor.
In the 1980s, Thompson met Episcopal priest and author, Malcolm Boyd. They became long-time partners and married in July 2013. Boyd died on 27 February 2015.
- spouse relationship with Boyd, Malcolm (born 8 June 1923)
- Work : New Job 1975 (At the "Advocate")
Steinbrecher quotes him
- Passions : Sexuality : Homosexual male (Gay)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social (For gay rights)
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor (Senior editor of "Advocate)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction