|born on||15 April 1959|
|Place||London, England, 51n30, 0w10|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
British actress, the member of a theatrical family. She was raised in a household where illness shadowed everyday life. A voracious reader, she went to Cambridge planning to study English literature but soon discovered acting. She found a knack for comedy and became female lead on "Me and My Girl" in the West End in 1985. The following year she moved into drama in the BBC miniseries "Fortunes of War." Meeting Kenneth Branagh, they began to collaborate off screen as well as on and they married on 8/20/1989.
Thompson emerged as one of the finest English actresses of the '90s in her increasingly prestigious films. With "Sense and Sensibility" she met co-star Greg Wise; they attended the Oscar ceremony together in 1996 and began living together in 1997.
In 1998, Thompson took off three years from acting. Her daughter, Gaia Romilly Wise, was born on 12/04/1999, "the best thing that ever happened to me."
- child->parent relationship with Law, Phyllida (born 6 July 1932)
- spouse relationship with Branagh, Kenneth (born 10 December 1960). Notes: divorced
- Work : New Career 1985 (Began appearing in "Me and My Girl")
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship 1997 (Moved in with Greg Wise)
- Work : Fired/Laid off/Quit 1998 (Took three years off of acting)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 4 December 1999 (Daughter Gaia born)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
LMR quotes Biography magazine 7/2001 for date; time unknown
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Noted film)