Thomas, B. J.
|Birthname||Billy Joe Thomas|
|born on||7 August 1942 at 11:00 (= 11:00 AM )|
|Place||Hugo, Oklahoma, 34n01, 95w31|
|Timezone||CWT h5w (is war time)|
|Astrology data||14°30' 25°18 Asc. 08°27'|
American singer of a mellow style which is suited to either formal or casual material. He came into the public view with his recording of "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry," which was followed by TV guest appearances. His best-known recording is the Burt Bacharach/Hal David song "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head". His version of "Hooked on a Feeling" is also well known.
Sexually abused by his father as a child, he was an alcoholic by age 13 and a drug abuser at age 15. Thomas could not get his life under control until after rehab in 1986.
Thomas has been married to singer-songwriter, Gloria Richardson, since December 1968. They have three daughters: Paige (born 1970), Nora (adopted from Korea in 1978), and Erin (born in 1979).
- Misc. : Retain professional help 1986 (Rehab for drugs and alcohol)
Bob Skeetz quotes Ellis Steward for B.C. in AA, 10/1975
Grazia Bordoni database, 'entertainment' file quotes Lescaut for same data but year of 1941.
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Alcohol (Rehab)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Drugs (Rehab)
- Family : Childhood : Abuse - Incest (Father)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three daughters)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (Mellow style)
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book