|born on||14 September 1938 at 19:15 (= 7:15 PM )|
|Place||Florence, Italy, 43n46, 11e15|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||21°15' 20°51 Asc. 14°54'|
Italian writer, a journalist and biographer. In 1993, a Chinese fortune-teller advised him to not travel by aircraft, so he followed the advice and traveled throughout Asia all year without flying. He wrote a book about his travels, "A Fortune Teller Told Me."
Educated at the University of Pisa and at Columbia, New York, he married; two kids. From 1971 he was foreign correspondent for the German news magazine "Der Spiegel," the Italian daily "La Repubblica" and the weekly "L'Espresso." During the '90s, he became the correspondent from Japan for "Corriere della Sera." In 1994 he moved with his family to India, a country he loved. In 1997 he was awarded a prestigious prize for special reporters "Premio Luigi Barzini all'inviato speciale."
The journalist died of cancer at his Tuscan home on July 28, 2004. He had been diagnosed in 1997.
- Work : New Job 1971 (Foreign magazine correspondent)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1993 (Traveled throughout Asia, one year)
- Family : Change residence 1994 (moved with his family to India)
- Work : Prize 1997 (prestigious award for journalism)
- Health : Medical diagnosis 1997 (cancer)
Bordoni quotes B.C. in Datanotizie No.20, 7/1998.
Sy Scholfield quotes him in two books: (a) "A Fortune-Teller Told Me: Earthbound Travels in the Far East" by Tiziano Terzani (HarperCollins UK, 2012), p. 39: "I gave the usual reply: 'I was born in Florence, Italy, on 14 September 1938, at about eight in the evening;'" (b) "Fliegen ohne Flügel: Eine Reise zu Asiens Mysterien" by Tiziano Terzani (Goldmann Verlag, 2014): "Ein Beamter des Einwohnermeldeamtes im Palazzo Vecchio fand sie im Originalregister von 1938: 19.15 Uhr." Translation: An official of the registration office in the Palazzo Vecchio found 19.15 o'clock in the original register of 1938.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Vocation : Travel : Other Travel
- Vocation : Writers : Biographer
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist (News correspondent)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award