|Birthname||Cathryn Antoinette Tennille|
|born on||8 May 1940 at 18:15 (= 6:15 PM )|
|Place||Montgomery, Alabama, 32n22, 86w18|
|Timezone||CDT h5w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||18°11' 05°06 Asc. 03°10'|
American singer and half of the popular ‘70s singing duo "The Captain and Tennille" with husband Daryl Dragon. Major recent recordings of the pair include "20 Years of Romance," 1995 and "Tennille Sings Big Band," 1998. Their television show, "The Captain and Tennille" ran from 1976-1977, and she also had the "Toni Tennille Variety Talk Show," in 1980.
The eldest of four daughters born to a Montgomery, Ala. Family, Tennille was devastated in childhood when she grew too tall to be a ballerina, being close to her full height of 5’11" by the time she was eleven. She had a fairly normal childhood, belonging to the Girl Scouts, and was voted "Most Original" by her high school class.
In 1971, she met Daryl Dragon and they began living together. They cut their first recording together in 1973. They were married in Virginia City, NV on November 11, 1975.. They made a debut on the pop charts in 1975 with a top-selling single, "Love Will keep Us Together" that won a Grammy on 2/28/1976. After selling some 23 million records, Dragon and Tennille continued to perform as an enjoyable club and concert act, touring regularly. Tennille is also a song writer, and wrote "The Way That I Want To Touch You" for Daryl in 1972 and "Do That To Me One More Time."
In recent years, Tennille has ventured into theatre, her latest being the Julie Andrews role in a touring version of "Victor/Victoria" in 1998. She was also in "Mame," 1991; "Showboat," 1990 and "The Rainmaker," 1987.
A nonstop talker, exuberant and loaded with energy, Tennille is a vegetarian. The Captain, known for wearing a yachting cap, dark glasses and a deadpan expression, is the son of famed conductor Carmen Dragon. She and "The Captain" renewed their wedding vows in 1994.
- spouse relationship with Dragon, Daryl (born 27 August 1942)
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship 1971 (Started living with Daryl Dragon)
- Work : New Career 1973 (First recording together)
- Work : Gain social status 1975 (Top selling chart single)
Contemporary American Horoscopes
- Traits : Body : Diet unusual (Vegetarian)
- Traits : Body : Size (5 ' 11")
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (One of four girls)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (From 1974)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage - Compatible (Happy marriage)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Daryl Dragon, The Captain)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One, lasting)
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work (Performance tours)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (The Captain and Tennille)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women