|born on||26 August 1929 at 01:00 (= 01:00 AM )|
|Place||Antwerp, Belgium, 51n13, 4e25|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||02°16' 08°57 Asc. 09°26'|
Belgian-American financier, seen as an unpreposing businessman, a slightly overweight diamond merchant. Deeply private, he shared an erudite love of the arts with his companion, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. A cultured international figure with a twinkle in his eyes, with the charming quality of showing interest in others and a great smile, he was a haven for Jackie, giving her understanding, stability and serenity. They met in the late '50s and grew close after Ari Onassis' death in 1975.
Tempelsman left his wife in 1984 and moved nearby to Jackie, moving in with her finally in 1988. Never legally divorced, he and his wife had a "get," a Jewish orthodox declaration of separation. They remained friends and he kept his relationship intact with his kids and grandkids.
In 1940, Tempelsman left Antwerp, fleeing the Third Reich to live in Manhattan. He married Lilly in the late '40s and they had three kids; Rena, Leon and Marcy in the following decade. He joined his dad in the diamond business and in the years ahead became a major player in the world's diamond market. His dad died in 1955.
He and Jackie shared common interests and worldly experience and he helped her with her financial affairs. He was always proud of her and a devoted companion, rarely leaving her side during her last days. On 5/19/1994, Jackie died of cancer, surrounded by her beloved books and family, including Tempelsman, the man with whom she had a deep spiritual bond and a love that lasted to the end of her life.
- spousal equivalent relationship with Onassis, Jacqueline Kennedy (born 28 July 1929)
- Family : Change residence 1940 (Emmigrated to U.S.)
- Death of Father 1955
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship 1975 (Relationship with Jacqueline grew closer)
- Family : Change residence 1982 (Moved in with Jackie Onassis)
- Relationship : End significant relationship 1984 (Obtained Jewish "get" from 1st wife, Lilly Bucholz)
Luc de Marre quotes B.C. #3245
- Traits : Body : Weight (Portly)
- Traits : Personality : Loved by all
- Traits : Personality : Private
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Fled from Nazi persecution)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Companion Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Extraordinarily nurturing
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Personal : Misc. : Changed name (Changed one letter in name)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (Diamond merchant)
- Vocation : Business : Economist
- Notable : Famous : Newsmaker