|Birthname||Bertrand Rene Maurice Tavernier|
|born on||25 April 1941 at 08:00 (= 08:00 AM )|
|Place||Lyon, France, 45n45, 4e51|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||04°41' 20°58 Asc. 19°33'|
French writer, publicist and film director. The son of noted poet-journalist Rene Tavernier, Bertrand started out as a law student for two years. His passion of cinema brought him back to the theater, writing film reviews. Following his co-founding of a cinema club, he entered the industry as a publicist with collaboration on a number of books.
Directing a few short films from 1963, he collaborated on a number of scripts with a first feature film in 1974. A director of grand style action, intimacy and dynamic visual style, Tavernier went on to make over 25 films, winning the French top award, "Le Prix Louis Delluc."
Suffering through a divorce in 1965, his ex-wife Colo O'Hagan, became his script collaborator and their son, Nils is also an actor.
- child->parent relationship with Tavernier, René (poet) (born 21 May 1915)
B.C. in hand from Steinbrecher
Same data from Didier Geslain archive, file Cinema Realisateurs, pdf p. 177.
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (Co-owner of a cinema club)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Le Prix Louis Delluc)