|Birthname||Magdalene Mary Szubanski|
|born on||12 April 1961 at 20:00 (= 8:00 PM )|
|Place||Liverpool, England, 53n25, 2w55|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||22°38' 20°33 Asc. 22°31'|
Australian comedy actress, writer and producer who gained international fame with her role as Mrs. (Esme) Hoggitt, the farmer's plump frau, in the films "Babe," 1995, and "Babe 2: Pig in the City," 1998.
The youngest of three children born to a Scottish mother and Polish father, Magda Szubanski is known as a master of accents. Along with her family, she emigrated from England to Melbourne, Australia's comedy capital, at the age of five. She originally planned to be a social worker when she entered Melbourne University at age 17 after a prior Catholic convent education, but she became involved in feminist and other left-wing politics at the university. Moving into the drama department, she made her stage debut doing a Scottish woman in the campus revue. Szubanski wrote and co-starred in the national television show, D-Generation 1986-88 on ABC. On the popular television comedy, "Fast Forward," 1989-92, she showcased her range of zany and naughty characters including a tipsy Scot, the sharpie moll ‘Michelle,’ ditsy sports presenter ‘Pixie-Anne Wheatley’ and the lovely beautician ‘Chenille’ (from the House of Hair Removal); winning two Logies for her outrageous performances. As Esme Hoggitt in the Babe films, Szubanski has ruddy cheeks and a demure presence along with the usual "don't mess with me" edge that she tends to project. In her "Dog Woman" telemovie series of 2000, she played a dog-trainer who solves mysteries using dog behavior (inspired by her pet beagle, Jane) as her guide. In person, Szubanski has been called "deeply superstitious and analytical." She has also been celebrated as "the sexiest woman on television."
On 14 February 2012, Szubanski came out as a lesbian on a primetime Australian TV show.
- associate relationship with Cromwell, James (born 27 January 1940). Notes: Co-star in "Babe," 1995
- associate relationship with Vizard, Steve (born 6 March 1956)
- friend relationship with Barnes, Jimmy (born 28 April 1956). Notes: Szubanski is godparent to one of Barnes' children
- Work : Begin Major Project 1989 (Began in "Fast Forward")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1995 (Appeared in "Babe")
- Work : Begin Major Project 2000 (Dog Woman series)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 2015 (Autobiography, "Reckoning: A Memoir")
Sy Scholfield quotes the data given in "This Is Your Life: Vol 2." edited by David Mitchell (Sydney: Prentice Hall, 2000), p. 80. Time calculated from the statement, "Call it maturity, call it age, as she does, the influence of Saturn on her chart" (p. 39) and her statement, "If you read about Aries, Libra rising and Pisces moon you've got me, you don't even need to do the interview" (p. 40) quoted in Amruta Slee, "A Real Bundle of Laughs." HQ Magazine (March/April 1999), pp. 36-43. NOTE: A time of 8:00 PM gives Aries Sun, Pisces Moon, Libra Rising and Saturn on IC.
- Traits : Body : Size (Plump)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Third of three)
- Passions : Sexuality : Lesbian (Came out on Valentine's Day, 2012)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (TV and film)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (Comedy series)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer ("Reckoning: A Memoir")
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script (Scriptwriter)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Two Logie's)