|born on||22 May 1938 at 11:30 (= 11:30 AM )|
|Place||New York, New York, 40n43, 74w0|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||00°52' 02°15 Asc. 19°06'|
American actress who made her film debut in 1954, followed by playing the lead in, "The Diary Of Anne Frank" in 1955. The daughter of acting teacher Lee Strasberg, at the age of 13 she first appeared on stage; the next year she played Juliet on TV. Surrounded by actors from childhood, she found her father brilliant but domineering. To retain her own talent, she refused to take classes from her parents - or advice.
At 20, she was heart-broken when her first love, Richard Burton, dumped her and married Sybil Williams. Her Hollywood career began with early acclaim in such films as "Picnic," 1955, but her
brilliant youth full of promise fizzled and she ultimately garnered only mediocre film roles in some two dozen films.
She married actor Christopher Jones in 1965 for a disastrous year. Their daughter Jennifer was born with four holes in her heart and Susan experienced the guilt of wondering whether her experimentation with drugs was responsible. Her daughter grew up healthy and became a receptionist at the Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute in Los Angeles.
Strasberg had the gift of friendship; Marilyn Monroe was like a sister, and Diane Ladd a longtime friend. Her romantic partners included Warren Beatty and Cary Grant. In her later years she told all in two well-written books that dealt frankly with her own insecurities and sadly diminished expectations.
Financially at a low point, with no medical insurance, in December 1998 Strasberg sold a cherished possession, a string of pearls that had belonged to Marilyn Monroe, for $100,000. She died of breast cancer on January 21, 1999, New York City.
- friend relationship with Monroe, Marilyn (born 1 June 1926)
- Work : New Job 1952 (Beginning of TV career)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1954 (Film debut)
- Work : Gain social status 1955 (Lead role in "Diary of Anne Frank")
- Relationship : Marriage 1965 (Christopher Jones, only a year)
- Financial : Gain significant money December 1998 (Sold pearl necklace belonging to Marilyn Monroe)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Robert Jansky "from her personally." Tom Csere quotes her for the same data. In her autobiography "Bittersweet," Putnam, 1980, p.5, she gives 12:00 PM EST.
(Tom Csere quotes Strasberg, "Blanca Holmes rectified the time to 10:19 AM on events that my mother gave to her. I've had it done for 10:30 also; the degrees differ slightly but all the times work out.")
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Breast, terminal)
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Dad Lee Strasberg)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage less than 3 Yrs (Only a year)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One daughter)
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event (Daughter born with four holes in heart)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Friends (Friends with Marilyn Monroe and Diane Ladd)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer (By age 13)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Theater while young)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (TV series)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women