|born on||31 January 1880 at 13:40 (= 1:40 PM )|
|Place||New York NY, USA, 40n42, 74w00|
|Timezone||LMT m74w00 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||11°20' 04°17 Asc. 27°29'|
American journalist and diplomat, a war correspondent, member of the American Diplomatic Service, financial diplomat, business man, soldier and employee of the Chinese government. In 1901 he sailed for China in order to report on the Russo-Japanese war. At Seoul he served as the Vice-Consul and did government service in Seoul as well as Washington, Cuba and Mukden. After he completed his career in journalism and diplomacy, he went into business in China.
Straight died on December 1, 1918 in Paris. The cause was pneumonia as a complication of the flu..
- Death by Disease 1 December 1918 (Age 38; of pneumonia from flu)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Begin Major Project 1901 (Relocated to China)
LMR quotes Herbert Croly "Willard Straight," 1925, p.1. (PC gives same data but for Oswego, NY)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (In China)
- Vocation : Military : Military service
- Vocation : Politics : Diplomat (American Diplomatic Service, financial diplomat)
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist (War correspondent)
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work
- Vocation : Politics : Government employee (Government services in four countries)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease