|Birthname||George Robert Stephanopoulos|
|born on||10 February 1961 at 10:17 (= 10:17 AM )|
|Place||Fall River, Massachusetts, 41n42, 71w09|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||21°40' 16°28 Asc. 16°39'|
American political operative, he managed press coverage, speech writing, advertising, polling, research and issues during President Bill Clinton's campaign for office. The President counted on him as his communications officer and unofficial chief of staff.
At the age of 22 he graduated from Columbia University and became a legislative assistant. A hard worker with a high IQ, he won a Rhodes Scholarship and spent two years at Oxford, studying ethics and political thought. James Carville remarked that "If George's IQ could be converted to Fahrenheit, the boy could boil water."
In 1985 he was sent to famine-stricken Sudan as a freelance journalist during a break in school. After his return from Sudan he worked on Dukakis' campaign for the presidency, which ended in a landslide defeat. Upon meeting Clinton in 1991, they hit it off immediately and the rest is history. Wearing jeans and an MTV haircut, at age 31 he looks like a kid and is cool under fire. He is the son and grandson of Greek Orthodox priests and is the second of four kids. At 5' 7", he weighs 130 lbs.
Leaving the Clinton White House in December 1996, he took a lucrative perch on ABC News, lectured as a visiting professor at Columbia University, and went through the torturous process of writing his memoir, "All Too Human," for which he copped a $2.85 million advance. From an interview conducted in his Riverside Drive apartment in July 1998, dressed in painter's pants and wearing his hair in his trademark shaggy mass, he explored a course that some say is disloyal to Clinton. "The Lewinsky situation," he says, "is not just sex. It's about the sacrifice for the privilege of being President. It's a breach of trust, the taking of advantage."
Ironically, Stephanopoulos has his own White House intern problem, a young woman who has been stalking him for several years and from whom he has requested a protection order. Unmarried, most likely due to working 14-hour days, he admits to having a girlfriend but retains his privacy beyond that. is name was linked with that of actress Bebe Neuwirth in 2000.
His account of his White House days came out in his publication, "All Too Human," in 1999.
In 2001, Stephanopoulos signed a full-time contract with ABC at a reported $500,000 a year, cutting back to perhaps ten lectures from a circuit that has been running closer to 40 a year. He has also left his teaching post at Columbia University. In June 2001, he became engaged to be married to Alexandra Wentworth (born 1/12/1965: date from a family friend). They had met three months prior and been immediately smitten. They married in a candlelight ceremony at Manhattan's Greek Orthodox Archdiocesan Cathedral on 11/20/2001, at a ceremony conducted by Robert Stephanopoulos, a Greek orthodox priest and George's father. Their first child, a daughter, was born 9/09/2002. Stephanopoulos and his wife welcomed their second child, another daughter, on June 2, 2005 in Washington, DC. They’ve named the newest addition to their family Harper Andrea.
- parent->child relationship with Stephanopolis, Elliott (born 9 September 2002)
- Social : Begin Travel 1985 (Sent to Sudan as freelance journalist)
- Mental Health : Depressive episode 1994 (Rash, insomnia, depressed)
- Social : Secrets revealed August 1998 (His stalker, Tangela Burkhart, arrested)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1999 ("All Too Human")
- Work : Contracts, agreements 2000 (Early 2000, contract with ABC for a half-mill)
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship June 2001 (Announced engagement)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 2 June 2005 (Daughter, Harper Andrea)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Frances McEvoy quotes B.C.
- Traits : Body : Size (Height of 5' 7")
- Traits : Body : Weight (Slender, 130 lbs.)
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (Columbia, Rhodes Scholar)
- Traits : Mind : I.Q. high/ Mensa level (Erudite, Mensa level at least)
- Traits : Personality : Articulate
- Traits : Personality : Hard worker
- Traits : Personality : Solitary/ Introvert (Quiet in manner)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Depression (Job stress)
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Three)
- Lifestyle : Work : Stressful work (Broke out in hives)
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Public relations
- Vocation : Education : Public speaker (Lectures some 40 a year in late '90s)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Professor at Columbia)
- Vocation : Entertainment : News journalist/ Anchor
- Vocation : Politics : Government employee (Presidential advisor to Clinton)
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist (Freelance)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction
- Vocation : Writers : Other Writers (Speech)