|born on||3 February 1874 at 08:00 (= 08:00 AM )|
|Place||Allegheny City PA, USA, 40n30, 79w50|
|Timezone||LMT m79w50 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||14°36' 07°49 Asc. 02°19'|
American writer, a novelist and playwright whose works include "Three Lives," 1908 a biography, "Alice B. Toklas," 1933 and an autobiography, "Everybody's Autobiography," 1937. An eccentric, she was one of the most colorful figures in the post-WW I literary scene. In Paris, she formed a salon epicenter of intellectuals, artists and writers. Her weak-spirited mother died when she was 14 and her tyrant dad died 14 years later, leaving her money. She studied medicine at Johns Hopkins University for four years, but flunked out in the turmoil of her first lesbian affair. She went through the exact same scenario on a second occasion, only this time at Radcliffe University. In 1903 she moved to Paris. Four years later she met Alice B. Toklas for the first time, it was love at first sight for both. Alice was slender, whereas Stein was heavyset, plain and butch with rolls of fat. They ended up devoted life partners, with Toklas missing Stein for 21 years after her death.
On July 27, 1946 she died in a hospital in Neuilly sur Seine, France. Suffering from cancer, she slipped into a coma at about 5:30 PM and died an hour later, at 6:30 PM according to her obituary in the New York Times. She was 72.
- Family : Change residence 1903 (Moved to Paris)
- Relationship : Meet a significant person 1907 (Alice B. Toklas, future life partner)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1908 ("Three Lives")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1933 ("Alice B. Toklas")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1937 ("Everybody's Autobiography")
- Death by Disease 27 July 1946 at 6:30 PM in Neuilly sur Seine, France (Age 53)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Health : Medical diagnosis 27 July 1946 (coma)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
LMR quotes James R. Mellow "Charmed Circle," which relates that she was informed by her dad that her birth was "about 8:00 AM."
- Traits : Body : Appearance unattractive (Heavy and gross featured)
- Traits : Body : Weight (Obese)
- Traits : Mind : Exceptional mind (Great wit and intelligence)
- Traits : Personality : Eccentric
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Terminal)
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Mom died when she was 14)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Same sex (Since 1907)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Friends (Intellectual salon)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (U.S. to France)
- Passions : Sexuality : Lesbian
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ feminist
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Vocation : Writers : Biographer
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women