|Birthname||Andrew Alexander Steel Stark|
|born on||30 December 1916 at 08:20 (= 08:20 AM )|
|Place||Fauldhouse, Scotland, 55n50, 3w37|
|Timezone||GMT h0w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||08°20' 23°35 Asc. 00°06'|
Scottish diplomat, he held many posts representing the British Government including Under-Secretary-General at the United Nations from 1968-1971 and Ambassador to Denmark from 1971-1976.
Although his parents died when he was young, the scholarly young man was able to go to Edinburgh University on scholarship. He graduated with honors. With his degree in literature, he became a schoolmaster in 1937. At the onset of WWII, he volunteered for the Infantry but his command of German landed him a transfer to the Intelligence Corps. In 1948 he joined the Foreign Service. Upon his retirement in the late 1970s he joined the Board of Directors of Maersk, becoming its Chair. In later years he turned his attention to philanthropic causes.
He married Rosemary Parker in 1944; they had three children, one of whom predeceased him.
He died on April 3, 2006 in White Notley, UK.
- Work : New Career 1948 (With the Foreign Service)
- Work : New Career 1937 (Teacher)
- Death, Cause unspecified 3 April 2006 (Age 89)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Begin Major Project 1968 (Under-Secretary-General at the UN)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1971 (Ambassador to Denmark)
- Work : End Major Project 1976 (Ambassador to Denmark)
- Relationship : Marriage 1944 (To Rosemary Parker)
Steinbrecher Collection: Paul Wright quotes birth certificate
- Vocation : Politics : Diplomat (Diplomat)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (62 years; until his death)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event (Death of one son)
- Family : Childhood : Disadvantaged
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs
- Vocation : Military : Military service