Staats, Elmer Boyd
|Birthname||Elmer Boyd Staats|
|born on||6 June 1914 at 15:00 (= 3:00 PM )|
|Place||Richfield KS, USA, 37n15, 101w46|
|Timezone||MST h7w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||15°19' 27°25 Asc. 26°41'|
American economist and government staffer, he served four administrations in the role of Comptroller General from 1966 until his retirement in 1981. He is credited with expanding the role of the GAO (now known as the Government Accountability Office to monitor the finances of nearly every branch of the government. He is also credited with changing the main role of the office from accounting to evaluating governement programs' cost-effectiveness. He began his career in government service in 1939 when he hired into the Bureau of the Budget. By the end of his career he had worked in nine different administrations,.
He died of congestive heart failure on July 23, 2011 in Washington, DC.
- Work : New Job 1939 (In the US government's Bureau of the Budget)
- Work : Gain social status 1966 (Comptroller General)
- Work : Retired 1981 (From government service)
Steinbrecher Collection: Gauquelin Book of American Charts
- Vocation : Business : Economist (Economist)
- Vocation : Politics : Government employee (Government official, head of GAO)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Congestive heart failure)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 97)