St. Denis, Ruth
|born on||20 January 1878 at 00:05 (= 12:05 AM )|
|Place||Newark NJ, USA, 40n44, 74w10|
|Timezone||LMT m74w10 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||00°04' 16°42 Asc. 24°17'|
American dancer and choreographer, strongly influenced by Indian, Oriental and Greek dance. Her choreography of "Rhada" became famous and "The Veil of Isis" has played worldwide. She and her husband, Ted Shawn, founded a school of dance, the Denishawn School and Dance Troupe in 1915. They were students of the occult together.
St. Denis died of a heart attack 7/21/1968, Hollywood, CA.
- spouse relationship with Shawn, Ted (born 21 October 1891). Notes: Happy
Jim Eshelman quotes Rudhyar in an astrology magazine 9/1950, "a few minutes past midnight, from her."
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Dancer/ Teacher (Modern dance, choreography)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer (Dance)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 90)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (Denishawn School of Dance)