|born on||25 May 1817 at 05:00 (= 05:00 AM )|
|Place||Amsterdam, Netherlands, 52n22, 4e54|
|Timezone||LMT m4e54 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||03°33' 18°37 Asc. 21°56'|
Dutch romantic painter of landscapes and historic buildings.
He was the fourth son of the carpenter and contractor Willem Springer (31 May 1778 - 1857) and Maria Elisabeth Doetzen (1780-). His elder brother, the architect Hendrik Springer (1805-1867) learned him the exact drawing of buildings in perspective. He first studied for house painting under house painter and coach decorator Andries de Wit (1768-1842). Later he studied under fine art painters like Jacobus van der Stok (1795-1864), Hendrik Gerrit ten Cate (1803-1856) and Kaspar Karsen (1810-1896). He also got students.
He first worked as a landscape painter. Later he produced vivid romantic city-scapes of city hearts with a a great eye for detail. In so much detail that his paintings of now destroyed city centres have high historic value. He became a member of Felix Meritis and got the gold medal (1847) from them. His finest work appeared between 1855 and 1875 when he travelled around in Holland and Germany. In or after 1875 he became blind in one eye and his vision for detail diminished. His works can now be seen in major museums and get high auction prices.
He married 7 May 1846 in Amsterdam with Geertruij ten Cate (7 Dec 1819, Amsterdam - 8 april 1902, Amsterdam). They got three daughters (1847, 1850, 1856) and one son Leonard (1855). Leonard Springer became a famous garden and landscape architect and arborist.
Springer died 20 February 1891 in Hilversum.
- parent->child relationship with Springer, Leonard (born 24 January 1855)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1855 (his finest work started)
- Other Family 24 January 1855 at 09:00 AM in Amsterdam (Garden architect Leonard Springer born)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : End Major Project 1875 (his finest work ended because of blindness)
Koppejan gives 25-5-1817 5h00 AM Amsterdam in Beeldgids van de dierenriem. He expected a 22.03 (23) degree Virgo Ascendant.
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Eyes (lost vision in one eye)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist
- Notable : Extraordinary Talents : For Visual perception (great detaillist until he got blind in one eye ca 1875)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (cityscape painter)