|Birthname||Sonia Maria Sotomayor|
|born on||25 June 1954|
|Place||Bronx, New York, 40n51, 73w54|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||03°32' or|
American jurist, a lawyer and judge nominated to the Supreme Court.
Sotomayor is the child of Puerto Rican immigrants. She was brought up in a disadvantaged neighborhood in the Bronx and her father died when she was nine. Her mother, a nurse, worked hard to raise her two children. Sotomayor was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes, another challenge to the growing child. She did well in school and attended Princeton University, graduating summa cum laude. She went on to Yale Law School where she became Editor of the Yale Law Review. With law degree in hand she landed a job in the Manhattan District Attorney's Office in 1979 and earned her stripes as a prosecutor. She entered private practice in 1984, rising to Partner in the law firm within four years. In October 1992 she was appointed a judge in the US District Court of Southern New York by President George H. W. Bush. In 1998, President Clinton appointed her to the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
On May 26, 2009 President Barack Obama announced that she was his pick for the Supreme Court to replace Justice David Souter. Confirmation hearings took place mid-July 2009 and she was confirmed by the Senate on August 6, 2009. She is the first Latina to take the oath of office for the Supreme Court when she was sworn in on August 8, 2009.
- associate relationship with Alito, Samuel (born 1 April 1950)
- associate relationship with Breyer, Stephen (born 15 August 1938)
- associate relationship with Ginsburg, Ruth Bader (born 15 March 1933)
- associate relationship with Kennedy, Anthony (born 23 July 1936)
- associate relationship with Roberts, John (born 27 January 1955)
- associate relationship with Scalia, Antonin (born 11 March 1936)
- associate relationship with Stevens, John Paul (born 20 April 1920)
- associate relationship with Thomas, Clarence (born 23 June 1948)
- Work : New Career 1979 (Lawyer)
- Work : Gain social status 26 May 2009 (Obama nominated her to Supreme Court)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Gain social status 6 August 2009 (Confirmed as Supreme Court Justice)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
PT quotes general Internet and news sources for date and place, no time
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Diabetes/ Hypoglycemia (Juvenile diabetes)
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Death of father when she was nine)
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Vocation : Law : Attorney
- Vocation : Law : Jurist
- Notable : Famous : First in Field (First Latina to sit on the US Supreme Court)