Sophie von Brandenburg-Ansbach-Kulmbach
|born on||10 March 1485 Jul.Cal. (19 Mar 1485 greg.) at 02:30 (= 02:30 AM )|
|Place||Ansbach, Germany, 49n17, 10e34|
|Timezone||LMT m10e34 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||28°36' 02°43 Asc. 03°34'|
German royalty, a Princess of Brandenburg-Ansbach and by marriage Duchess of Legnica.
Sophie was a daughter of Margrave Friedrich the Elder of Brandenburg-Ansbach and Bayreuth (1460-1536) from his marriage to Sophia of Poland (1464-1512), daughter of King Casimir IV of Poland.
On 24 November 1518 she married the Silesian Duke Frederick II of Liegnitz (1480-1547). From their marriage Sophie had the following children: Friedrich III (1520–1570), Georg II (1523–1586), and Sophie (1526–1546).
Sophie of Brandenburg-Ansbach died on 24 May 1537.
- sibling relationship with Albert of Prussia (born 17 May 1490 Jul.Cal. (26 May 1490 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Anna von Brandenburg-Ansbach-Kulmbach (born 5 May 1487 Jul.Cal. (14 May 1487 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Barbara von Brandenburg-Ansbach-Kulmbach (born 24 September 1495 Jul.Cal. (3 Oct 1495 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Elisabeth von Brandenburg-Ansbach-Kulmbach (born 26 March 1494 Jul.Cal. (4 Apr 1494 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Georg der Fromme (born 4 March 1484 Jul.Cal. (13 Mar 1484 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Johann von Brandenburg-Ansbach-Kulmbach (born 9 January 1493 Jul.Cal. (18 Jan 1493 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Kasimir von Brandenburg-Kulmbach (born 27 September 1481 Jul.Cal. (6 Oct 1481 greg.))
Sy Scholfield quotes the chronicle of events in "Allgemeine preussische staats-geschichte, samt aller dazu gehörigen königreichs, churfürstenthums, herzogthümer, fürstenthümer, graf- und herrschaften, aus bewährten schriftstellern und urkunden bis auf gegenwärtige regierung," Volumes 3-4, by Karl Friedrich Pauli (C. P. Francken, 1762), p. 427: "Sophia, geboren 185 den 10ten Marz früh zwischen 2 und 3 Uhr." [born between 2 and 3 o'clock in the early hours]. Her birth year is listed as 1585 but is obviously a misprint because she is in the chronological list of births between her siblings George (1484) and Anna (1487).
- Notable : Famous : Royal family