|born on||17 November 1906 at 01:00 (= 01:00 AM )|
|Place||Turin, Italy, 45n03, 7e40|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||23°44' 02°52 Asc. 09°23'|
Italian writer and film maker. A novelist, short-story writer, journalist and screenwriter, he made a try at acting but found his place in films as a Scenarist and Assistant Director, moving into full-time film directing after 1939. During his 29 year stint as a director, Soldati directed nearly 30 films, including "La Provinciale," 1953.
Soldati was a graduate of the University of Turin and came to the U.S. in the late '20s to teach at the Columbia University while doubling as a correspondent for a Genoa newspaper. Returning to Italy, he began his literary career. He married twice.
Died on 6/19/1999, Rome, of natural causes, age 92.
- Work : New Career 1939 (Became a full time director)
- Death, Cause unspecified 19 June 1999 at 12:00 noon in Rome, Italy (Natural causes, age 92)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1953 (Film, "La Provinciale")
Bordoni quotes B.C. Vol 1
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Secondary)
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist (Journalist)
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction (Novelist and short story)
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script (Screenwriter)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Lifestyle : Work : Same Job more than 10 yrs (29 years as director)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (92 years)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Prof. Columbia Univ., initially)