Smith, William Kennedy
|born on||4 September 1960 at 15:47 (= 3:47 PM )|
|Place||Brighton, Massachusetts, 42n21, 71w09|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||12°15' 03°35 Asc. 05°52'|
American noted family, the second son of Jean Kennedy Smith and the grandson of Joseph Kennedy Sr. On the evening of Good Friday, 3/29/1991, he went partying with his Uncle Ted and cousin Patrick in Palm Beach, Florida. At a local bar they exchanged repartee with several young women while drinking. Returning to the Kennedy compound, he was accused of raping a young woman during the early hours of the next day. The alleged victim, with whom he said he had consensual sex, was Patty Bowman, born 8/11/1961, Akron, OH.
The Kennedy scandal-kit went into action with high powered and pricey lawyers. The rape trial began with jury selection early in November in West Palm Beach, with the trial opening 12/02/1991, after lunch. Kennedy was acquitted nine days later, 12/11/1991. His inheritance from his dad, Stephen Smith, who died in 1990, went toward the $1 million spent in defense and he planned to borrow money to finish paying off his legal bills.
William was a fourth year med student at Georgetown University in Washington, DC. According to medical school classmates, he has championed on-campus rights for women and minorities, designed a program to help physicians interact with terminally ill kids and continues to make his rounds at Georgetown University Med Center. Others related that he is "shy and quiet, always a gentleman."
He was in the news again on 10/23/1993 for assaulting a bouncer outside an Arlington, Virginia bar, and sentenced to 100 hours free medical care at the Chicago Community clinic where he is completing his three-year residency, and to serve 12 months probation.
On August 25, 2004, 28-year old Audra Soulias filed a civil lawsuit in Cook County, IL against Smith, charging that, after a night of drinking in January 1999, Smith forced her out of a cab, dragged her into his home and sexually assaulted her. At the time of the alleged incident, she was his personal assistant at the Center for International Rehabilitation, a group led by Smith that helps land mine victims. Denying the charge, Smith resigned from his position at the center on August 27, 2004 as a way to "protect the organization I love."
On January 4, 2005, a Chicago judge dismissed a lawsuit that had been filed by his former personal assistant Audra Soulias. Soulias had claimed that he sexually assaulted her in 1999.
- other kin relationship with Kennedy, Ted (born 22 February 1932). Notes: Uncle
- Crime : Assault/ Battery Perpetration 23 October 1993 (Assaulted bouncer, 100 hours medical care, probation)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Crime : Law suit 25 August 2004 (by a woman charging he sexually assaulted her in 1999)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Frances McEvoy quotes B.C.
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Kennedy family)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Second of two boys)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Assault/ Battery (Assaulted bouncer)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Prison sentence (100 hours community service for assault)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Rapist/ Sex crime (Accused of rape, acquitted)
- Vocation : Medical : Physician