|born on||25 August 1971 at 19:20 (= 7:20 PM )|
|Place||Trento, Italy, 46n04, 11e08|
|Timezone||MEDT h2e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||01°51' 24°10 Asc. 13°53'|
Italian cyclist, winner of the Tour of Italia 2001. He is considered the best climber in the world at this time with only two riders who might challenge him, let along match him. In 1999 and 2000 he ranked third and in 2000 he also won the famous Vuelta à España stage to the Alto Angliru as well as the Giro d'Emilia. In some of his races, the climb has been as much as 23%. At the World Championship road-race he escaped at the last hill but was caught just in time by Andre Tchmil. After a marvelous season for both Simoni and his team Lampre he stood twelfth in the UCI-ranking.
A professional rider since 1994, he has performed on top teams with his first victory stage in Arco, 1997 and first tour won, Giro di Svizzera, 1999. His first one-day race won was the Giro dell Emilia, 2000.
Simoni married Arianna, the daughter of the cyclist Francesco Moser on 11/31/2001 at 2:00 PM in the San Valentino church in Palu di Giovo, Italy, a joyous conclusion of a year to remember. With a new season only a few months away, he has put back his honeymoon until Christmas and instead will join his new team mates at the Saeco get together in Varazze in early December.
- Work : New Job 1994 (Began pro racing)
- Work : Prize 1997 (Arco race victory)
- Work : Prize 1999 (Won the Giro de Svizzera)
- Work : Prize 2000 (Won the Vuelta a Espana cycling race)
- Work : Prize 2000 (Won the Giro dell Emilia)
- Work : Prize 2001 (Won the Tour of Italia, cycling)
- Relationship : Marriage 30 November 2001 at 2:00 PM in Palu di Giovo, Italy (Arianna Moser)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Bordoni quotes B.C., Datanotizie No.40, 11/2001
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (Racing teams)
- Vocation : Sports : Race Bikes (Pro, champion, noted)
- Notable : Awards : Sports Championship (Tour of Italia, others)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession