Simon, Paul Martin
|born on||29 November 1928 at 00:10 (= 12:10 AM )|
|Place||Eugene, Oregon, 44n03, 123w05|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||06°53' 04°40 Asc. 12°40'|
American politician, a liberal Democrat who entered the race for the presidency in May 1987. From 1951-1953 he worked counterintelligence in the military, from 1955-1963 he was a member of the Illinois House of Representatives, from 1963-1969 a member of the Illinois Senate, from 1969-1973 the Lieutenant Governor of Illinois, from 1975-1985 a member of the U.S. House of Representatives and a member of the U.S. Senate from 1985 on. In 1982 he sought the Illinois gubernatorial nomination unsuccessfully.
In addition to politics, he formerly worked as a one-time corruption-busting small town newspaper editor. A slight man in a bow tie, he wears horn-rimmed glasses and baggy suits. Known as erudite, he has authored 22 scholarly books on subjects ranging from Abe Lincoln to world hunger.
He is married to an attorney and has two kids.
The former senator died at 1:00 PM on December 9, 2003 a day after heart surgery in Springfield, IL. He had recently celebrated his 75th birthday.
- Social : Joined group 1951 (U.S. Army)
- Social : Left group 1953 (U.S. Army)
- Work : Contracts, agreements 1955 (Illinois House of Representatives)
- Work : New Job 1963 (Illinois Senate)
- Work : New Job 1969 (Illinois Lieutenant Governor)
- Work : New Job 1975 (U.S. House of Representatives)
- Death by Disease 9 December 2003 at 1:00 PM in Springfield (One day after heart surgery, age 75)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
B.C. in hand from Marion March
- Traits : Body : Size (Slight)
- Traits : Mind : I.Q. high/ Mensa level (Mensa level: erudite)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (Counterintelligance)
- Vocation : Politics : Candidate and lost (Ran for presidential ticket 1982)
- Vocation : Politics : Public office
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction