Simeon II, King of Bulgaria
|Birthname||Simeon Coxe-Coburg Gotha|
|born on||16 June 1937 at 08:45 (= 08:45 AM )|
|Place||Sofia, Bulgaria, 42n41, 23e19|
|Timezone||EET h2e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||24°42' 00°19 Asc. 12°37'|
Bulgarian royalty, the son of King Boris III and Queen Giovanna, Princess of Savoy. He was the pretender to the throne from age six when his father was assassinated, 8/28/1943. He lived in exile in Madrid, Spain, where he was educated, married and had four kids.
He returned to Bulgaria and on his 64th birthday, 6/16/2001, and was named the new Minister of Foreign Affairs. At the parliamentary elections, King Simeon's newly formed party, the National Coalition, won the election. The president is Peter Stoyanov. In 2001, he was Prime Minister of his country, a quiet man, gentle in manner and appearance during interviews.
- child->parent relationship with Boris III, King of Bulgaria (born 30 January 1894)
- child->parent relationship with Giovanna, Tsaritsa Consort of Bulgaria (born 13 November 1907)
- has other family relationship with Kyril, Prince of Bulgaria (born 17 November 1895). Notes: Nephew
Bordoni quotes news in Datanotizie No.2, 7/1995; and another citation: Bordoni quotes Corriere Della Sera June 1937 for 8:45 AM for local news report at the time of his birth, given in Datanotizie No.39, 9/2001.
Sy Scholfield quotes a different time in a news report: "Heir to Bulgarian Throne Is Born at Sofia; 101 Guns Salute the Event, Nation Rejoices," New York Times, 17 June 1937, p. 1": "Sofia, Bulgaria, June 16.--A 101-gun salute this morning told Sofia of the long awaited birth of an heir to the throne--Queen Joanna gave birth to a son at 5:45 o'clock . . . The child was born in Clementine Hospital."
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Dad was assassinated)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (four kids)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Exiled to Spain from Bulgaria)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Bulgaria)