|Birthname||Siegel, Bernard Shepard|
|born on||14 October 1932 at 10:00 (= 10:00 AM )|
|Place||Brooklyn NY, USA, 40n38, 73w56|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||21°03' 21°50 Asc. 06°16'|
American physician, accomplished surgeon, recognized authority in the field of advanced cancer and teacher at the Yale University Medical School. He is the author of "Love, Medicine and Miracles," 1997 and "Peace, Love and Healing." He lectures nationally on holistic medicine and visualization. Some of his controversial teachings include letting people who are seriously ill participate in their own cures.
Up until 1982, Siegel had a conventional and successful career treating cancer patients. His approach to medicine was mechanical. Siegel decided to remain a surgeon and try to humanize his practice. He is a strong advocate of the relief of suffering through control of life and peace of mind, whether with group therapy, meditation, prayer, hypnosis or drug therapy. With a credo of, "All healing is self healing," he has founded cancer support groups.
He lives in Woodbridge, Conn., with his wife, Bobbie, whom he married in 1954, and their five children.
- Social : Change of Lifestyle 1982 (Began holistic healing)
Frances McEvoy quotes Sara Sleigh from him
- Vocation : Medical : Physician
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction
- Vocation : Education : Public speaker (Lecturer)
- Vocation : Healing Fields : Alternative methods (Hypnosis, prayer, meditation)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One, from 1954)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Five)
- Traits : Personality : Eccentric (Original, unconventional)