Sibylle Margarethe von Brieg
|born on||20 June 1620 Jul.Cal. (30 June 1620 greg.) at 11:30 (= 11:30 AM )|
|Place||Brieg, Poland, 50n52, 17e27|
|Timezone||LMT m17e27 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||08°46' 12°31 Asc. 00°57'|
German royalty, Duchess of Liegnitz-Brieg by birth and Countess of Dönhoff by marriage. She was an important figure in the history of German Baroque literature.
Sibylle was the daughter of John Christian, Duke of Brzeg-Legnica-Wołów-Oława, by his first wife, Dorothea Sibylle, daughter of John George, Elector of Brandenburg. In 1637 Sibylle married the Imperial Count Gerhard Dönhoff (1590–1648). They supported the poet Martin Opitz who devoted one of his major works to the Countess.
Sibylle Margarethe von Brieg died on 26 June 1657 in Danzig.
- child->parent relationship with Dorothea Sibylle von Brandenburg (born 9 October 1590 Jul.Cal. (19 Oct 1590 greg.))
- sibling relationship with August, Count of Legnica (born 21 August 1627 Jul.Cal. (31 Aug 1627 greg.)). Notes: Half-sibling
- sibling relationship with Christian von Liegnitz-Brieg (born 9 April 1618 Jul.Cal. (19 Apr 1618 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Georg III. von Brieg (born 4 September 1611 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Ludwig IV. von Liegnitz (born 19 April 1616 (greg.))
Sy Scholfield quotes "Der Schlesische Adel," Volume 2, by Johannes Sinapius (Rohrlach, 1728), p. 139: "Sibylla Margaretha, geb. zu Brieg 1620. 30. (nicht 20, Jun.) St.n. Vormittags zwischen 11. und 12. Uhr, folgenden 15. Jul. gestaufft." [Translation: Sibylla Margaretha, born at Brieg in 1628 on 30th June (not 20th) in the morning between 11 and 12 o'clock, then baptized the following 15th July]. The entry in this book for her brother Christian uses dates from the Gregorian calendar, so Sibylle's dates are also presumably New Style. Anyway, 20 June [OS] matches 30 June [NS].
- Notable : Famous : Royal family