|born on||14 January 1946|
|Place||Nottingham, England, 52n58, 1w10|
|Timezone||GMT h0w (is standard time)|
British serial killer, perhaps the most prolific England has ever known with an estimated 200 victims- or more - between 9/21/1984 to 6/24/1998, when he was apprehended. A caring physician in the town of Hyde, Shipman was a local resident, married with four kids. On 1/31/2000, he was convicted of murdering 15 of his elderly patients by morphine injections between 1995 and 1998.
The sinister truth is that the bearded doctor who snuffed the life out of up to 260 of his elderly patients with fatal doses of heroin was a quiet but friendly family doctor, respected by the community, loved by his wife and four children, and - most of all - trusted by his patients.
Shipman, the son of a lorry driver, studied medicine at Leeds University, where he did not stand out in any way. He was forced to move to a new area after he was convicted in 1976 of drug offenses and fraud to feed an addiction to pethidine. He had helped himself to and injecting himself with between 600 and 700 milligrams of the drug a day. Grey-haired, bespectacled and soft-spoken, Shipman was always known simply by his middle name, Fred, to the people of Hyde, a working-class town of 22,000 just outside Manchester in northwest England, where he had his one-man doctor's surgery.
He was said to begin his killing spree in 1975, a year after he entered practice. His victims, ranging in age from 41 to 93, included 171 women and 44 men.
Known as "Dr. Death," Shipman hanged himself with a noose made of bed sheets in his jail cell on January 13, 2004. He never revealed what drove him to kill his victims.
- other associate with Norris, Colin (born 12 February 1976). Notes: similar case
- Crime : Homicide Perpetration 21 September 1984 (Beginning of 14 years of over 150 murders)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Crime : Homicide Perpetration 1995 (15 murders over a three year period)
Dorothy Kovach quotes media for date; time unknown
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Psychotic Episode (Murdered his patients)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Homicide serial (Over 150 people)
- Vocation : Medical : Physician