|Birthname||Alan Bartlett Shepard, Jr.|
|born on||18 November 1923|
|Place||East Derry, New Hampshire, 42n54, 71w18|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||25°20' or|
American astronaut, the first American in space. On May 6, 1961, he traveled to an altitude of 115 miles at a maximum speed of 5,160 mph.
American astronaut, the second man in space with his historic flight on 5/05/1961, following Russian cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin's trip into space by 23 days. He was one of twelve men to walk on the Moon.
Shepard was the co-owner of two Houston banks and retired from the astronaut program as a rear admiral in 1974. Subsequent investments in KMart's, Marriott hotels and a Coors distributorship turned him into a multimillionaire. He had one lifetime marriage and two daughters.
Shepard died of leukemia on 7/21/1998, Monterey, CA
The original seven astronauts were Shepard, Don Clayton (March 1, 1924, time unknown), Scott Carpenter, Gordon Cooper, John Glenn, Gus Grissom and Walter Schirra, all chosen for physical, mental and emotional excellence, all married with kids. Ten of the first 43 astronauts were Pisces at odds of 571 to 1. Of the first 23 men in space, 21 were first born or an only child.
- associate relationship with Carpenter, Scott (born 1 May 1925)
- associate relationship with Cooper, Gordon (born 6 March 1927)
- associate relationship with Glenn, John (born 18 July 1921)
- associate relationship with Grissom, Gus (born 3 April 1926)
- associate relationship with Schirra, Walter (born 12 March 1923)
- business associate/partner relationship with Mitchell, Edgar (born 17 September 1930). Notes: Apollo 14 mission
- business associate/partner relationship with Roosa, Stuart (born 16 August 1933). Notes: Apollo 14 mission
- compare to chart of Space: Apollo 14 (Launch) (born 31 January 1971). Notes: Crew member and commander
- compare to chart of Space: Mercury Seven (astronaut group) (born 9 April 1959). Notes: Member of Mercury Seven
- compare to chart of Space: Mercury-Redstone 3 (Launch) (born 5 May 1961). Notes: Only crew member
- compare to chart of Space: NASA (born 29 July 1958)
- Work : Retired 1974 (Retired a rear admiral)
Date given in media, time unknown
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field (Investing)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy
- Vocation : Travel : Astronaut
- Notable : Famous : Historic figure (Astronaut)
- Notable : Famous : Other Famous (One of the original seven U.S. astronauts)