Shaw, George Bernard
|born on||26 July 1856 at 00:55 (= 12:55 AM )|
|Place||Dublin, Ireland, 53n20, 6w15|
|Timezone||LMT m6w15 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||03°11' 21°41 Asc. 23°36'|
Irish writer, novelist, critic and dramatist who was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1925. His work included the play "Man & Superman" and the novels "Love Among The Artists" and "An Unsocial Socialist."
Shaw received a formal education until the age of 14 when he went to work as a clerk. He and his mother moved to London in 1876 and he began writing a series of five novels, 1879-1883, of which only two were published. He was known for being an advocate of socialist views, joining the Fabian Society in 1884, lecturing widely and becoming a leader. He was a music and drama critic for three publications, 1888-1898 and during this period began his writing for the theatre. Shaw gained reputation for his numerous plays, but also wrote volumes of critical and political essays, an autobiography in 1949 and volumes of letters.
Shaw, a redhead and a vegetarian, married Charlotte Payne-Townsend in 1898.
He died on 11/02/1950, Ayot St. Lawrence, England.
- associate relationship with Drawbell, James (born 15 April 1899)
- associate relationship with Horniman, Annie E.F. (born 3 October 1860)
- friend relationship with Archer, William (born 23 September 1856). Notes: Friend and neighbour
- lover relationship with Farr, Florence (born 7 July 1860)
- Family : Change residence 1876 (Moved to London)
- Social : Joined group 1884 (The Fabian Society)
- Work : New Job 1888 (Began writing as a music critic)
- Relationship : Marriage 1898 (Charlotte Payne-Townshend)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1905 (Play, "Man and Superman")
- Work : Prize 1925 (Nobel Prize for Literature)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1949 (Published his autobiography)
- Death by Disease 2 November 1950 in Hertfordshire (Renal failure brought on by injuries from falling while pruning a tree, age 94)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Mary K. Greer quotes Family Bible in Mountain Astrologer, 10/1994, citing that he gave this data to his mistress, Florence Farr. (Formerly, Wemyss had given 00:40 AM, "as stated by his older sister." Sabian Symbols No.843 gives 00:15 AM. Church of Light old-file had 00:25 AM. Joseph quotes Wangemann for 00:25 AM)
- Traits : Body : Diet unusual (Vegetarian)
- Traits : Body : Hair (Red)
- Traits : Mind : I.Q. high/ Mensa level (Mensa level or more)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Groups (Fabian Society)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 94)
- Vocation : Business : Clerk/ Typist (Initially)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Vocation : Writers : Critic
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script (Noted playwright)
- Notable : Awards : Nobel prize (Literature)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book