|Birthname||Robert Leslie Shapiro|
|born on||2 September 1942 at 07:47 (= 07:47 AM )|
|Place||Plainfield, New Jersey, 40n38, 74w24|
|Timezone||EWT h4w (is war time)|
|Astrology data||09°22' 07°35 Asc. 24°43'|
American attorney, well liked and respected with a famous string of high-profile clients from the movie and sports industries. Skilled at plea bargaining and an excellent strategist, he is meticulous and disciplined, and develops a close, very personal relationship with his clients. He had handled only ten homicide cases, including Christian Brando in 1990, when he was approached to take the O.J. Simpson case. A family man and a hands-on parent, he talked it over with his family before deciding. He stood to make some $2 million on the case but it would mean long days and hard work, a tough case.
The only child of a factory worker and a housewife, he moved to Los Angeles in 1943. Gregarious and a good dancer, he was flashy until he got into Loyola law school. In 1969 he began work as a Deputy D.A. in Los Angeles, then went into private practice in 1972.
Shapiro had a brief first marriage that ended in annulment. In 1969 he met model Linell Thomas and they married the following year; two sons, Brent, 1981 and Grant, 1984. They live well in Beverly Hills where he has a private gym in the garage to work out and keep in shape. Not a drinker, he prefers health drinks though he is a wine connoisseur. He wears Armani suits and when on a case, is a steady worker, living with a phone that rings 24 hours a day.
The Simpson defense team was composed of Shapiro, F. Lee Bailey and Alan Dershowitz. Their client was accused of murdering his wife, Nicole, on 6/12/1994. The sensational trial began on 9/17/1996. The public was riveted by the trial as it unfolded on TV for the following year and became, to many, a joke and parody, a gross use of tax-payers funds. America was glued to their seats, even up to the shocking conclusion of the trial, which resulted in his acquittal.
After representing Darryl Strawberry in a contract settlement in 1994, Shapiro has slapped the baseball player with a lawsuit 8/19/1998 for $100,000 of fees remaining unpaid. Strawberry denies the claim.
- business associate/partner relationship with Bailey, F. Lee (born 10 June 1933)
- business associate/partner relationship with Dershowitz, Alan (born 1 September 1938)
- protégé relationship with Simpson, O.J. (born 9 July 1947). Notes: Client
- Family : Change residence 1943 (Family moved to L.A.)
- Work : New Job 1969 (Deputy D.A. in L.A.)
- Relationship : Marriage 1970 (Brief first marriage)
- Work : New Job 1972 (Began his private practice)
- Relationship : Marriage 1973 (Linell Thomas)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1981 (Son Brent born)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1984 (Son Grant born)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1990 (Represented Christian Brando)
- Work : Begin Major Project 17 September 1996 (Trial of O.J. Simpson began, over one year)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Crime : Law suit 19 August 1998 at 12:00 midnight in Los Angeles, CA (Filed against client Darryl Strawberry)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
B.C. in hand, LMR
- Traits : Body : Aerobic exercise (Works out in garage gym to stay in shape)
- Traits : Personality : Hard worker
- Family : Childhood : Only child
- Family : Relationship : Marriage less than 3 Yrs (First marriage annulled)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Model Linell Thomas)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Extraordinarily nurturing (Very supportive of his family)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two sons)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Lawsuit instigated (Non-payment suit)
- Vocation : Law : Attorney (Represents high profile clients)