|Birthname||Clifford Everett Shank, Jr.|
|born on||27 May 1926 at 22:30 (= 10:30 PM )|
|Place||Dayton (Montgomery) OH, USA, 39n45, 84w11|
|Timezone||CDT h5w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||06°03' 14°24 Asc. 11°37'|
American jazz musician, he played saxophone and flute with the likes of Charlie Barnet, Stan Getz, Stan Kenton and symphonic orchestras.. He sprung to prominence in the 1950s and was considered a jazz great for nearly 60 years. During his long career, he was bandleader, sideman, and soloist, playing jazz, bebop, and bossa nova. As an in-demand accompanist, he recorded with such diverse musicians as Ravi Shankar and The Mamas & The Papas, playing flute for their hit recording "California Dreamin'."
Shank was married three times, once divorced and once widowed. He married Linda in 1994 and she survived him. Despite his doctor's warnings, he went to a recording studio the day before he died. A pulmonary embolism caused his death on on April 2, 2009 in Tucson, AZ; he was 82.
- associate relationship with Baker, Chet (born 23 December 1929)
- associate relationship with Davis, Miles (born 26 May 1926)
- associate relationship with Mitchell, Joni (born 7 November 1943)
- associate relationship with Pepper, Art (born 1 September 1925)
- other associate with Babasin, Harry (born 19 March 1921). Notes: playing music
- Relationship : Marriage 1994 (Third marriage)
- Death by Disease 2 April 2009 (Age 82 of a pulmonary embolism in Tucson, AZ)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Steinbrecher Collection: from birth certificate in hand
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Lung (Fatal pulmonary embolism)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Alto/baritone saxophonist, flutist)