|Birthname||George Segal, Jr.|
|born on||13 February 1934 at 04:40 (= 04:40 AM )|
|Place||Manhattan, New York, 40n46, 73w59|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||24°01' 15°21 Asc. 11°20'|
American actor of stage and film who won an Oscar nomination for "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" in 1966. He starred in other hits such as, "Blume In Love," "A Touch Of Class," 1973, and more recent films, "The Mirror has Two Faces" and "Flirting With Disaster" both in 1996. He was a recording artist as well with the album "The Yama Yama Man" in 1967, playing ragtime Dixieland Jazz, with his ever present banjo. While filming "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" opposite Taylor and Burton, he received an unexpected invitation from "The Tonight Show" with Johnney Carson. They were expecting to get an insight into the film from Segal and surprisingly was regaled with anecdotes and Dixieland Jazz banjo which furthered Segal's career into comedy.
He did a stint in the Army from 1956 to 1957.
Segal married on 11/19/1956 and had two kids. After a divorce from his long-term wife, he married a young woman. He went through a period of cocaine problems. He has a fear of flying.
By March 1997 Segal was active with two NBC comedies, guest shots on "Caroline in the City" and "The Naked Truth," plus a role as a magazine publisher in "Just Shoot Me" moving into it's second year and Segal claims to love every minute of it.
Starting in his seventh decade in show business finds him very busy. Leaning towards TV, Segal is slowing separating himself away from film claiming "movies aren't much fun anymore. There's so much pressure and so much money being spent."
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1956 (Released a jazz record)
- Work : Gain social status 1966 (Oscar nomination for "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1997 (Guest appearance on "Caroline in the City")
- Work : Begin Major Project 1997 (TV series "Just Shoot Me")
B.C. in hand, LMR
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Drugs (Rehab)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Phobias (Fear of flying)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (First marriage long term)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star ("Just Shoot Me")
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Banjo)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Military : Military service (1956-57)
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection