Schori, Katharine Jefferts
|born on||26 March 1954|
|Place||Pensacola FL, USA, 30n25, 87w13|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||05°32' or|
American ecclesiastic, an Episcopal priest who became the first female Presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church. She was elected to the post on June 18, 2006 at the convention in Columbus, OH and installed at Washington National Cathedral on November 4, 2006. She was ordained an Episcopal priest in 1994 and ordained a Bishop on February 24, 2001.
A licensed pilot, she is the daughter of one Air Force pilot and mother of another one. Before going into the priesthood, she was an oceanographer with a B.S. degree in biology from Stanford University (1974), an M.S. (1977) and Ph.D. (1983) in oceanography from Oregon State University. She subsequently earned her theological credentials with a master's of Divinity (1994), and an honorary D.D. (2001)both from Church Divinity School of the Pacific. She married in 1979 and has one child, Katharine, also a licensed pilot and Captain in the US Air Force.
- Relationship : Marriage 1979
- Work : New Career 1994 (Ordained an Episcopal Priest)
- Work : Great Achievement 4 November 2006 (Installed as Presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
PT quotes new media
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Western
- Vocation : Religion : Ecclesiastics/ western
- Notable : Famous : First in Field