|Birthname||Simon Astley Scholfield|
|born on||5 May 1964 at 14:15 (= 2:15 PM )|
|Place||Brisbane, Australia, 27s28, 153e02|
|Timezone||AEST h10e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||14°42' 17°32 Asc. 15°48'|
Australian astrodata collector, editor, publisher and blogger. Mentored by Lois Rodden for several years before her death, he has researched and contributed hundreds of timed astrodata to various software programmes and books, and published hundreds of new data on his websites and blog. Scholfield joined AstroDatabank as an editor in 2013 and over 7000 of his timed research data are included in the database. He is credited as data editor of various astrology books including Frank Clifford's 2009 Astrologer's Book of Charts and 2014 Horoscope Snapshots.
He also writes extensively on gender and sexuality in the horoscope, visual art, film, the media and popular culture.
Born to British immigrants, Scholfield has English, Scottish, Chinese, and Jewish ancestry. Raised on the eastern Australian coast, he is well-travelled and has lived in Hong Kong, Beijing, Sydney, the Byron Bay area, and so on. In 1989, he played a gangster in the Hong Kong film, Casino Raiders.
Scholfield holds a B.A. in Modern Asian Studies, 1994 (majoring in Chinese Studies, Anthropology and Sociology), along with Honours (in Visual Art studies) from Griffith University, 1997. On 23 February 2011, he was awarded a Master of Philosophy degree by the University of Queensland, Australia, for his thesis on the crossover of male homosociality, male homosexuality and heterosexism in contemporary Australian political cartoons. In mid 2013, he was granted a merit-based Australian Postgraduate Award scholarship and is currently writing his PhD thesis on the representation of body parts in popular culture.
In 1994, he compiled Queer Gravity, the first magazine produced for and by lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ) students to be distributed nationally (through the annual conference of the Australian students group, Queer Collaborations). He has since written articles and reviews as a cultural analyst for various academic journals.
Scholfield's AstroQueer website, which he has run since 1997, provides a nexus for LGBTIQ people interested in astrology. He wrote the weekly "Star Lust" Sun-sign column for the Sydney Star Observer, Australia's premier gay and lesbian newspaper, 2000-2002, and worked as a ghost writer in the same field in the mid 2000s.
Having been a vegetarian for most of his life, Scholfield became a vegan in 2002 in support of animal and human rights and for health and environmental reasons. As hobbies, he works cryptic crosswords, lap-swims, mountain-treks, and enjoys gardening.
On 30 June 2004 at 12:01 AM in Coorparoo, Brisbane, he and his brother were awakened by a terrible noise, a freak accident, in which a car crossed two lanes of traffic and careened into their house. Luckily no one was badly hurt.
- friend relationship with Bordoni, Grazia (born 9 May 1945)
- friend relationship with Rodden, Lois M. (born 22 May 1928)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released May 1989 (Appeared in film, Casino Raiders)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Social : End a program of study 1994 (B.A. in Modern Asian Studies)
- Social : End a program of study 1997 (B.A. Arts-Humanities Degree)
- Health : Violent trauma 30 June 2004 at 12:01 AM in Brisbane (car careened into the house)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
LMR quotes him by letter. A chart based on the same data is shown  on his website.
- Traits : Body : Diet unusual (Vegan Vegetarian)
- Traits : Body : Race (Chinese-European-Anglo)
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (Working on doctorate 2011)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Collector (Astrodata collector)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Hobbies, games (Crossword puzzles)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Outdoors (Swimming, mountain-trekking)
- Passions : Sexuality : Homosexual male (Gay)
- Vocation : Education : Researcher (Astrodata researcher)
- Vocation : Humanities+Social Sciences : Gender Studies
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Astrologer (Astrodata collector)
- Vocation : Writers : Magazine/ newsletter (Edited queer magazine)
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor (Data editor of Astrology books)