|Birthname||Simon Astley Scholfield|
|born on||5 May 1964 at 14:15 (= 2:15 PM )|
|Place||Brisbane, Australia, 27s28, 153e02|
|Timezone||AEST h10e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||14°42' 17°32 Asc. 15°48'|
Australian astrodata collector, astrologer, scholar and webhost who writes extensively on sexuality in the horoscope, visual art, film, the media and popular culture.
Sy Scholfield is an active and diligent astrological data collector, editor, publisher and blogger. Mentored by Lois Rodden for several years before her death, he has researched and contributed hundreds of timed astrodata to various software programmes and books, and published hundreds of new data on his websites and blog. Over 2200 of his timed research data are included in AstroDatabank. Scholfield collaborated with Frank Clifford on his "Astrologer's Book of Charts" in 2009, and has since been credited as data editor of various astrology books.
Born to British immigrants, Scholfield has English, Scottish, Chinese, and Jewish ancestry. Raised on the eastern Australian coast, he is well-travelled, having lived in Hong Kong, Beijing, Sydney, and so on. In 1989, he appeared as a gangster in the Hong Kong film, "Casino Raiders."
Scholfield holds a B.A. in Modern Asian Studies, 1994 (majoring in Chinese Studies, Anthropology and Sociology), along with Honours (in Visual Art studies) from Griffith University, 1997. On 23 February 2011, he was awarded a Master of Philosophy degree by the University of Queensland, Australia, for his thesis "Queer Spectacles: Sex between Straight Men in Australian Political Cartoons 1994-2009". In mid 2013, he was granted a merit-based Australian Postgraduate Award scholarship and is currently writing his PhD thesis on the representation of body parts in popular culture.
In 1994, he compiled "Queer Gravity," the first magazine produced for and by queer students to be distributed nationally (through the annual conference of the Australian students group, Queer Collaborations). He has since written articles as a cultural analyst for various academic journals.
Sy Scholfield's AstroQueer website, which he has run since 1997, provides a nexus for LGBTIQ people interested in astrology. He wrote the weekly "Star Lust" Sun-sign column for the Sydney Star Observer, Australia's premier gay and lesbian newspaper, 2000-2002, and worked as a ghost writer in the same field in the mid 2000s.
On 30 June 2004 at 12:01 AM in Brisbane, he and his brother were awakened by a terrible noise, a freak accident, in which a car crossed two lanes of traffic and careened into their house. Luckily no one was badly hurt.
As an advocate for animal rights, Scholfield became a vegan around 2002. As hobbies, he works cryptic crosswords, lap-swims, practises Hatha yoga, mountain-treks, renovates his house and enjoys gardening.
He resides in eastern Australia and currently works as a book editor and proof-reader.
- business associate/partner relationship with Clifford, Frank (born 13 April 1973). Notes: cooperated on data books
- friend relationship with Rodden, Lois M. (born 22 May 1928)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1989 (Appeared in film, "Casino Raiders")
- Social : End a program of study 1994 (B.A. in Modern Asian Studies)
- Work : Start Business 1994 (Started magazine)
- Social : End a program of study 1997 (B.A. Arts-Humanities Degree)
- Health : Violent trauma 30 June 2004 at 12:01 AM in Brisbane (car careened into the house)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
LMR quotes him by letter. A chart based on the same data is shown  on his website.
- Traits : Body : Diet unusual (Vegan Vegetarian)
- Traits : Body : Race (Chinese-European-Anglo)
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (Working on doctorate 2011)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Hobbies, games (Crossword puzzles, yoga)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Outdoors (Swimming, mountaineering)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Eastern (Buddhism)
- Vocation : Humanities+Social Sciences : Gender Studies
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Astrologer (Astrodata collector)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social (Challenges homophobia)
- Vocation : Writers : Magazine/ newsletter (Edited queer magazine)
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor (Astrology books)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction (Writing a book on homosexuality)