|born on||23 September 1938 at 22:00 (= 10:00 PM )|
|Place||Vienna, Austria, 48n13, 16e20|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||00°10' 00°24 Asc. 02°11'|
German actress, internationally known, having made her screen debut at the age of 14. A member of a theatrical family, her grandmother had been an actress in Viennese theater and her mom, Magda, a famous stage and screen star.
At the age of 19, she starred in the German film, "The Story Of Vicki.. " She became the darling of the German box office, often cast in sugary, cute and coy roles. In 1960, she refused to accept any roles that were not of substance and as a result, landed a role in "Bocaccio 70," for which she was awarded the Crystal Star of French Academie as Best Foreign Actress in 1963. The same year she had her U.S. debut in the comedy, "Good Neighbor Sam."
She had been married to stage director Harry Meyer who hanged himself in his Hamburg apartment. Two and a half years later she lost her only son when he fell out the window of her Paris home, landing on sharp iron bars on 5 July 1981. Her companion of eight years was actor, Alain Delon.
The circumstances of her death in her Paris apartment on 29 May 1982 were unclear. Apparently she died of a heart attack between the hours of 4 and 6 am, but tranquilizers and booze were found in her system, leaving the question of a possible suicide or overdose.
- associate relationship with Klein (actor), Gérard (born 29 October 1942)
- lover relationship with Delon, Alain (born 8 November 1935)
- lover relationship with Dutronc, Jacques (born 28 April 1943)
- parent->child relationship with Biasini, Sarah (born 21 July 1977)
- parent->child relationship with Meyen, David (born 3 December 1966)
- child->parent relationship with Schneider, Magda (born 17 May 1909)
- spouse relationship with Meyen, Harry (born 31 August 1924)
- other kin relationship with Albach-Retty, Rosa (born 26 December 1874). Notes: Grandkin
- role played of/by Hanau, Marthe (born 1 January 1886)
- Work : Prize 1963 (Best Foreign Actress thru the French Academie)
- Work : Prize 1976 (Cesar award best actress in "L'important, c'est d'aimer")
- Death, Mysterious 29 May 1982 in Paris (Given as heart attack, age 43)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Death of Mother 30 July 1996
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes "Romy und ihre Familie" by Jürgen Trimborn (Droemer Knaur, 2008), p. 17: "Am Abend des 23. September, kurz nach zweiundzwanzig Uhr, ist es dann soweit. Magda Schneider bringt im Rudolfinerhaus, dem berühmtesten Krankenhaus Wiens, ihr erstes Kind zur Welt. Den Strapazen der schweren Geburt folgt die Erleichterung, eine kerngesunde Tochter zur Welt gebracht zu haben."
Translation: On the evening of 23 September, at twenty-two o'clock, the time had come for Magda Schneider to bring their first child into the world at Rudolfinerhaus, the most famous hospital in Vienna. After the rigors of birth came the relief of a perfectly healthy daughter.
Scholfield also quotes 9:45pm from "Romy Schneider. Sie wollte nicht ewig "Sissi" sein" by Ernst Probst (GRIN, 2012), p. 7: "Rosemarie Magdalena Albach erblickte am 23. September 1938 um 21.45 Uhr."
Previously this entry had 9:45pm rated C: Reynolds quotes Ebertin. Paul Teixeira quotes Reinhold for 9:45 PM "the exact time of her birth is known," but without any source for the alledged "known." Hans Taeger quotes Tony Bonin for 10:05 PM. To an inquiry, Taeger replied that source not known.
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Heart (Terminal attack, result of booze and drugs)
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Mom and grandmom in theater)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Harry Meyer, Alan Delon)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed (Husband hanged himself)
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event (Only son died in fall from window)
- Personal : Death : Suicide (Possible suicide or overdose)
- Personal : Death : Unusual (Tranquilizers and booze found)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer (Age 14)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Best foreign actress)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women