|Birthname||Sarmiento, Domingo Faustine|
|born on||15 February 1811 at 17:30 (= 5:30 PM )|
|Place||San Juan, Argentina, 31s32, 68w31|
|Timezone||LMT m68w31 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||26°23' 19°14 Asc. 02°36'|
Argentinean statesman. Known as a political opponent to Rosas since 1829, he fought in the insurrection and was forced to flee to Chili where he established a school. While in Chile, he published his noted book, "Facundo" in 1845. He was the president of Argentina 1868-1874 with one of the most progressive administrations ever.
Minister to the United States, 1861-1868, he traveled extensively in the U.S. and Europe but returned to Argentina in 1851 to help overthrow Rosas. As President, his administration was vigorous and progressive; expanding trade, improving transportation, promoting immigration and greatly enhancing education. In 1856, he organized the Department of Public Education with himself as head. Also a published author, he wrote, "Popular Education."
Sarmiento died 9/11/1888, in Asuncion, Paraguay.
- Death, Cause unspecified 11 September 1888 (Age 77)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family : Change residence 1835 (Exiled to Chile)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1845 (First book, "Facundo")
- Work : New Job 1861 (Minister to U.S., seven yrs.)
- Work : Gain social status 1868 (President of Argentina, six yrs.)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1875 (Reorganized the school systems, 13 yrs.)
B.R. in hand from Steinbrecher; no time but a note from the registrar, "It is believed that he was born between 5:00 PM and 6:00 PM according to commentaries left by his sister."
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ political
- Vocation : Politics : Heads of state (President)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction
- Vocation : Politics : Diplomat (Minister to U.S.)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Exiled to Chile)
- Vocation : Politics : Government employee (Head of the Dept. of Public Education)
- Vocation : Education : Administrator (Established a school)