Saint Laurent, Yves
|born on||1 August 1936 at 19:45 (= 7:45 PM )|
|Place||Oran, Algeria, 35n43, 0w43|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||09°20' 22°14 Asc. 23°17'|
French-Algerian designer; in the world of fashion, a once-in-a-generation designer and pace-setter. He was an entrepreneur with his own fashion house and accessory line. The eldest of three kids, he grew up in an era of white tie and ball gowns. From an upscale family, his dad managed a chain of movie theaters in Algeria and his mom was a homemaker. His dad died in 1988. A child prodigy, shy, with myopic blue eyes peering out from behind wide-lensed glasses, he became an illustrator with Vogue at age of 18. He was the protégé of Christian Dior and became his successor in 1957.
He was known as an immensely private person, taut and slight of build. He was gay and had a steady but stormy relationship with his partner of 35 years, Pierre Berg. Berg once said of Saint-Laurent, "He was born with a nervous breakdown." Biographer Laurence Benaim wrote of his long time problem with drugs, alcohol and depression.
Brokered by French tycoon Francois Pinauot, the Gucci Group bought most of the house of Yves Saint Laurent for about $1 billion in 1999. The maestro continued to work on the haute couture, under the terms of the deal, until 1/07/2002, when he celebrated his retirement. The world-famous fashion designer died in Paris on June 1, 2008 of a brain tumor. He was 71.
- business associate/partner relationship with Gomez, Didier (born 31 January 1953)
- Financial : Buy/Sell Property 1999 (Sold his fashion house for $1 billion)
Maison III, 2/2002, quotes B.C. given in Les Cahiers astrologiques No.73.
Bordoni quotes a French edition of Horoscope, years ago, for the same time. Lescaut quotes Cahiers for the same.
Axel Madsen, "Living for Design," 1979, states "born on a sunny morning."
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Brain tumor)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Same sex (Steady partner for 35 years)
- Passions : Sexuality : Homosexual male
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Vocation : Beauty : Designer/ Fashion (Fashion courturier)
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection