|Birthname||Michael John Cleote Crawford Rutherford|
|born on||2 October 1950 at 19:30 (= 7:30 PM )|
|Place||Guildford, England, 51n14, 0w35|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||08°59' 21°47 Asc. 09°00'|
British rock musician on bass guitar, cello and organ; a songwriter. He is a founding member of the art-rock band "Genesis," and played with Tony Banks on such hits as "Follow You, Follow Me," 1978, "Trespass," 1970, and "Nursery Cryme," 1971. His solo LPs include "Small Creep’s Day," 1980, and "Acting Very Strange," 1982.
Rutherford grew up in Portsmouth where his father was a captain with the British Navy. He entered Charterhouse School in September 1964 and soon became friends with Anthony (Ant) Phillips. Together they formed "Anon," and the merging of this group with another school band, "Garden Wall," spawned "Genesis."
From the moment the debut album, "From Genesis to Revelation," was released in 1969, the band attracted a devoted fan following. The group’s creative peak was probably in 1974 with "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway." After front man Peter Gabriel left the group, he was replaced with Phil Collins, a change that took the group successfully into the 1980s. Although Rutherford pursued his solo career during this time and performed with "Mike and the Mechanics," he toured with Genesis once again to support the 1986 blockbuster hit, "Invisible Touch."
- business associate/partner relationship with Banks, Tony (1950) (born 27 March 1950). Notes: Band mates in Genesis
- business associate/partner relationship with Collins, Phil (born 30 January 1951). Notes: Band mates in Genesis
- business associate/partner relationship with Gabriel, Peter (born 13 February 1950). Notes: Band mates in Genesis
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1969 (Debut album released)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1970 (Song released)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1986 (Toured with Genesis)
David Fisher quotes Marjorie Orr from him
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work (Tours)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (Musical group)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Anon, Garden Wall, Genesis)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Guitar, cello, organ)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer