|Birthname||Timothy John Russert Jr.|
|born on||7 May 1950|
|Place||Buffalo, New York, 42n53, 78w53|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||16°31' or|
American journalist, popular host of "Meet the Press" from 1991 until his death of a heart attack on June 13, 2008 in Washington, DC.
Russert was brought up the only boy among three sisters in a close-knit Catholic family. His faith would remain important to him throughout his life. In 1972 he graduated from John Carroll University in Ohio with a degree in political science. In 1976 he earned a law degree. A year later he became general counsel and subsequently joined the staff of New York veteran politician Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan for whom Russert served as chief of staff. He became counsel to then New York Governor in 1983 and met and married journalist/writer Maureen Orth in December that year. The couple was overjoyed at the birth of their son and only child, Luke, on August 22, 1985. Just the year prior, in 1984, Tim had joined the staff of NBC and supervised broadcasts of the Today Show in April 1985 from Rome. He was thrilled when he brought his wife and son to Rome and the Pope blessed his child. In 1989 NBC appointed him Washington Bureau Chief and he retained that position for the rest of his life, becoming host of the prestigious weekly news show "Meet the Press" in 1991.
A political junkie and sports fan, Russert was known for his excitement, optimism, and nice-guy, down-to-earth demeanor. Election nights saw him on TV, counting up votes, observing patterns, and reporting enthusiastically every twist and turn of the electoral process.
In 2004 he published his memoir, "Big Russ and Me," paying tribute to his beloved dad. Two years later he released "Wisdom of our Fathers." He was awarded an Emmy in 2005 for his role in covering former President Ronald Reagan's funeral.
He died on June 13, 2008 at age 58 from a heart attack after collapsing while recording voice overs for "Meet the Press" and being rushed to the hospital. It was revealed later that had been under treatment for coronary artery disease, and an autopsy revealed an enlarged heart.
- child relationship with Russert, Luke (born 22 August 1985)
- Work : New Career 1977 (In law)
- Work : New Job 1983 (Counsel to NY's governor)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1984 (Joined staff of NBC)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 22 August 1985 (Birth of only child, Luke)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Gain social status 1989 (Appointed NBC's head of Washington Bureau)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1991 (Began hosting "Meet the Press")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 2005
PT quotes news and obituaries
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Heart disease/attack
- Family : Childhood : Family close
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Only boy; three sisters)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One son)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Western (Roman Catholic)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Vocation : Entertainment : News journalist/ Anchor
- Vocation : Law : Attorney
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer