|born on||2 April 1942 at 01:22 (= 01:22 AM )|
|Place||Lawton OK, USA, 34n37, 98w23|
|Timezone||CWT h5w (is war time)|
|Astrology data||11°53' 21°49 Asc. 20°45'|
American musician, a pianist, singer, trumpeter and guitarist. He played side-man to the best in the business, including Joe Cocker, as well as being a superstar in his own right and one of the major innovators with intricate rock-blues. He moved into record production from 1967, concentrating on building his own studio.
Russell started his pro work at 14 when he put away his classical piano and picked up a trumpet. Lying about his age, he kept busy in local clubs. By 1959 he formed his own rock band. Moving on to Los Angeles, he made his way into the highly competitive sessions scene, playing with some of the top artists of the day.
Russell built his own studio where he was able to explore some of the diversity of his talent, adding songwriter to his credits. He gave some of his most compelling concerts on Joe Cocker's "Mad Dogs and Englishmen" tour and at George Harrison's Benefit for Bangladesh.
In 1967 he married Mary McCreary; they later divorced.
Russell and his distinctive yowl made a comeback in 1998 with such artists as Marty Stuart, Sonny Garrish and other stellar players. Now 57, the artist has recorded two singles, "Sixteen Tons" and "Funny How Time Slips Away."
- business associate/partner relationship with Cocker, Joe (born 20 May 1944)
- spouse relationship with McCreary, Mary (born 8 February 1951). Notes: Bitter
- Relationship : Marriage 1967 (Mary McCreary)
- Work : New Career 1967 (Became a record producer)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1998 (Made a singing comeback)
LMR quotes Liz Greene, from him 1970
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Interracial (Mary McCreary)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Mary McCreary)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Friends (Worked Bob Dylan and Joe Cocker)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Piano, trumpet and guitar)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (Music)
- Notable : Book Collection : Occult/ Misc. Collection