|Birthname||Samantha Bree Runnion|
|born on||26 July 1996|
|Place||Northampton, Massachusetts, 42n20, 72w39|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
American homicide victim, age nearly six when she was kidnapped kicking and screaming while playing a game with a friend outside her home in Stanton, CA by a man who said he needed help in finding his lost dog, 7/15/2002. The child's naked and bruised body was left posed in a provocative way not far from the highway, strangled and assaulted. Everyone connected with the case was affected by the loss of the sweet, pretty little girl with sparkling eyes and a face raised like a flower. Parents everywhere held their children a little closer.
Within three days, police arrested Alejandro Avila (b. 3/13/1975), a 27-year old factory worker from nearby Lake Elsinore. He had been acquitted two years prior of molesting two nine-year-old girls, one of whom had lived not far from Samantha.
- homicide perpetrator relationship with Avila, Alejandro (born 13 March 1975)
- Death by Homicide 15 July 2002 in Lake Elsinore (Strangled, assaulted, murdered, age six (-11 days))
chart Placidus Equal_H.
LMR quotes media for date, time unknown
Frances McEvoy writes 7/29/2002, "I went into the records office today, but was unable to see a copy of the birth record of Samantha Runnion. We may have to go to the Cooley Dickinson Hospital for verification. We know from several sources tht she was born July 26, 1996 and that her father still lives in Massachusetts. I wonder if she was listed under her mother's maiden name, and if they were married at the time of her birth. It will take more time for verification unless we can contact one of the parents."
her father's name is DEREK JACKSON.
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Assault/ Battery victim (Strangled, assaulted)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Homicide victim
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Kidnapping victim
- Personal : Death : Short Life less than 29 Yrs (Age almost six)