Rudolf, Crown Prince of Austria
|Birthname||Rudolf Franz Karl Joseph Hapsburg-Lorraine|
|born on||21 August 1858 at 22:15 (= 10:15 PM )|
|Place||Laxenburg, Austria, 48n04, 16e21|
|Timezone||LMT m16e21 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||28°27' 27°42 Asc. 29°57'|
Austrian royalty, the only son of Emperor Franz Joseph I and Empress Elizabeth. He was intelligent and charming but restless. His dad allowed him no role in public affairs and they were at odds politically. In 1881, Rudolph married Princess Stephanie, the dull daughter of the Belgian king but they seemed to lead separate lives. He had a series of mistresses, catching VD along the way.
Europe was shocked with the scandal when he committed suicide with Baroness Maria Vetsera at Mayerling 1/30/1889, 7:00 to 8:00 AM. The affair was excluded from official dossiers and all persons connected were sworn to secrecy. The body of the 18-year-old Maria was found dead in bed at Rudolph's hunting lodge at Mayerling on 1/30/1889. Newspapers wrote that the Archduke had arrived at the lodge a few minutes after 7:00 but died soon after of apoplexy and the true story only emerged years later. Apparently the lovers had died in a murder-suicide tryst.
The biography "He Did Not Die at Mayerling, the Autobiography of 'R'," written in collaboration with Henry Wysham Lanier, 1937, claims that he did not die but fled to the U.S. and became a watchmaker.
- friend relationship with Johann Salvator, Archduke of Austria (born 25 November 1852)
- friend relationship with Philipp, Prince of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (born 28 March 1844)
- lover relationship with Vetsera, Baroness Mary (born 19 March 1870)
- parent->child relationship with Elisabeth Marie, Archduchess of Austria (born 2 September 1883)
- child->parent relationship with Elisabeth, Empress of Austria (born 24 December 1837)
- child->parent relationship with Franz Joseph I, Emperor of Austria (born 18 August 1830)
- spouse relationship with Stéphanie, Princess of Belgium (born 21 May 1864)
- sibling relationship with Gisela, Archduchess of Austria (born 12 July 1856)
- sibling relationship with Marie Valerie, Archduchess of Austria (born 22 April 1868)
- sibling relationship with Sophie, Archduchess of Austria (born 5 March 1855)
- has other family relationship with Marie Louise von Larisch-Wallersee (born 24 February 1858)
A.J. Pearce quotes Trent "who examined the official record." (Same in Sabian Symbols No.811)
Birth town corrected from Vienna to Laxenburg on 3 Spt. 2016, with change in Ascendant sign from Gemini to Taurus.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : STD/Sexually transmitted (VD)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One, politically expedient)
- Personal : Death : Suicide
- Notable : Famous : Criminal cases (Royal murder-suicide)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Austria)
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book