|Birthname||Jacob Leon Rubenstein|
|born on||25 April 1911|
|Place||Chicago, Illinois, 41n51, 87w39|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
American businessman, the owner of a striptease joint in Dallas. In a famed newsreel of the live event, he shot John F. Kennedy's assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald, as he was being moved from the jail to a different facility on 24 November 1963 at 11:21 a.m. CST in Dallas, Texas. Ruby was convicted of murder and imprisoned. He died of cancer at 10:30 a.m. on 3 January 1967 at Parkland Memorial Hospital, the same hospital where Lee Harvey Oswald had died and where President Kennedy had been pronounced dead after his assassination.
- friend relationship with Turman, Buddy (born 12 April 1933)
- homicide victim relationship with Oswald, Lee Harvey (born 18 October 1939)
- Crime : Homicide Perpetration 24 November 1963 at 11:21 AM in Dallas (Shot Lee Harvey Oswald)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
B.C. in hand from Wilsons, no t.o.b. This birth record (on file at the Rodden archive) has 25 April 1911. Some sources quote 25 March, but without giving a real source. Wikipedia footnotes mention that his tombstone has also 25 April 1911.
On 19 May 2016, Sy Scholfield submitted death certificate stating date of birth as 25 March 1911 and time of death as 10:30 a.m. The informant is recorded as (Jack's brother) Earl Ruby, so we have a family source for the 25 March date of birth.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Terminal)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Homicide single (Killed Lee Harvey Oswald)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (Club)